Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Giving a gift if you don't attend wedding

You girls have been so helpful with my other etiquette questions I thought I'd seek your advice on another...

Are you suppose to give a gift if you're not attending the wedding?  My fiance's cousin is from halfway across the country, she's also having the wedding there - they are not close at all and I've only met her once in our 4 year relationship.  We can't go to the wedding and I just never thought anything more of it.  His aunt called us one day and asked us if we want to give her some money for a gift she's getting to bring to the wedding, turns out the gift is products that she sells so it more or less feels like she's only giving her this gift because she sells the damn stuff.  I told the fiance that if he does want to send her something I have no problem with that but I'd rather just send her a card with cash so she really knows it's from us, not a gift with 15 names on it.  Is it normal to give a gift for a wedding you don't attend?  Especially if you're not close to the person?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards