New York-New York City

Wave Hill?

Has anyone ever been to or had their wedding here? What did you like/didn't like? Thanks!

Re: Wave Hill?

• edited December 2011
    I looked at the Wave Hill but came across this info:  The ability to rent Wave Hill for a private evening event is a benefit of being a Benefactor Partner or $5,000 Annual Fund contributor.This tax-deductible $5,000 contribution for the 12-month period including the event date, provides the event hosts with the additional benefits of Membership at the Partner levelRental Fee
    In addition to the contribution amount, the Rental Fee is $1,500. 

Catering
    The average catering cost for a Great Performances wedding is $235 per person beyond the Wave Hill contribution requirement and Rental Fee. This approximate cost includes menu, staff, rentals and premium open-bar. Floral arrangements, mandatory valet parking
    It Was Luv At First Bite!
  • kahbkahb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too was enthralled by Wave Hill until I noticed the price listed on the website. We even followed up with a friend of my uncle's who scheduled many of their church events there. I suppose the pricing for a non profit org is different than the charge for weddings.

Looks beautiful though, sorry I can't offer more help.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The site fee is annoying but you can write off 5k on your taxes and that is pretty good.

I have been to a couple of weddings there and it is beautiful but can't handle more than 175.  The smaller weddings there have been better.
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at Wave Hill and loved the grounds but it will be under constructed for 2011  and tenting it was way too expensive.
  • edited December 2011
    BTW accidentally on as my sister- clearly she is already married! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards