New York-New York City
Options

Galapagos Art Space in Brooklyn

Has anyone had a wedding or attended a wedding at Galapagos Art Space in Brooklyn?  Just came across it and it seems interesting.  Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Re: Galapagos Art Space in Brooklyn

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually saw it in person last week. Its pretty dark on the inside but its nice for a small wedding party. Im not sure if the pics show you or not but the ground floor  - where the round tables are, are surrounded by water. but the walls are all brick. I would recommend covering them with white sheer curtains to lighten up the place. They do have a great wedding package for brides on a budget. did u check out their website? it seems interesting that show that they have
    It Was Luv At First Bite!
  • Options
    CuomsJ2CuomsJ2 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thanks...The pictures did seem a bit dark as well but your idea is good one.
    The show definitely does sound interesting and that package is a great deal, I'm just not sure it would fit proceeding a wedding reception.  Do you think that would be kind of weird?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it all depends what type of show they have. i spoke with the owner & he invited me to come & see the show. If I decided to go w/ the art space I would get married outside in the adjacent park & then use the stage as a dance floor. It makes for a pretty nice entrance when the DJ announces the new Mr & Mrs! You definitely have to have tons of candlelight to bring the space to light. But its nice & quaint. did u c Bubby's across the street? the minimum guests is 80. thats how many i have.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I dont think its weird since your still able to party til the wee hours so that part is nice. Its a cool alternative to ending your party if your on a budget. i thinks its a good idea
  • Options
    alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been to a wedding there, but I always thought it would be a cool place for a wedding!

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Options
    jamisonmeganjamisonmegan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there!  We are working with a lovely young lady named Lisa and I must say that she has been a dream.  She always gets back to me with thorough answers and usually with the exact responses I want!  My colors are ivory, black with accents of red, so the dark, romantic feel of Galapagos was perfect.  So far, no complaints!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards