Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Would a rude bride make an even ruder bridesmaid? (Long)

I have 5 sisters. 2 on my Dad's side, and 3 on my mom's side. I planned on having all of them in my wedding party. All of them are married, except the littlest one (she's only 6), and I have been to all of their weddings. I was a bridesmaid in 2 of them, and did the wedding photography for 3 of them (one of them I was a BM and just happily did back up photography during the reception). I've been engaged since 2008, and had already asked my sisters and my BFF to be BMs. Last summer, I was a BM for my last married sister to get married. Not only did she ask me if my 4yo could be her flower girl, then change her mind the day before, but told my other sister (dad's side), that I was one of her BMs WAY before she even asked me. After she finally asked me, I said I'd rather do her wedding pictures, but she insisted on me being a BM. After shelling out $85 for a shower gift, $50 in the wedding card, and $125 between mine and my daughters dresses, she didn't give us a thank you card. To add extra sting to the slap in the face, she gave all 4 of her other BMs an etched champagne flute and a pretty bracelet and necklace set, and had only enough room at the head table for the other 4 of them, but not for me. How should I handle the sting of what she did to me, and still treat her fairly? Should I talk to her? What should I say? I've never had someone be so rude to me before. I would never think of acting that way to one of my BMs!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards