Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Outdoor reception to follow?

I'm trying to figure out how to let people know that we are going to have an outdoor reception that will take place on grass. I don't want a bunch of ladies in heels that are going to get stuck in the ground. I'm thinking at the bottom of the invite where it says reception to follow I'll just have it say "outdoor reception to follow". The only part is that our ceremony is outside too. Would this work? Or how else can I let it be known that they're going to be on grass the entire time?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 262 Invited image 38 Attending image 5 Declined image 219 Unknown
RSVP Date August 1st

Re: Outdoor reception to follow?

• Options
    What is the name of your location?

Sometimes the name of the location will let people know it will be outdoors, like Something Gardens.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    You could make a wedding website and put it on there.

I wouldn't worry too much about the heels though. I'd probably just take off my shoes... but that may be just me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yeah, just put it on the web site and you can spread the news via word-of-mouth too.

If you're particularly concerned you can always put some information about it in the accommodations/directions card. Just say that the reception and ceremony will be outdoors on a grassy area or whatever. I'm sure guests will appreciate the heads-up.
  • Options
    I think outdoor reception to follow sounds fine.  And on grass, right?
    2 of us- a bunch of you! Celebrating the whole night through!
  • Options
    It's a backyard ceremony and reception all on grass. I've already been working on a wedding website. I wasn't sure if I was going to use it or not but I probably will now that you guys suggested it. Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    RSVP Date August 1st
  • Options
    And yes, GRASS not glass... Haha. That's what you get for not proof reading.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    RSVP Date August 1st
  • Options
    I got really excited when I thought it was on glass! For some reason, I pictured your guests walking on top of an aquarium with fish swimming beneath. I'm odd.
  • Options
    Or one of those glass pool covers?

I think if it is in a backyard, people will know. But outdoor reception seems fine.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    back up flip flip basket?
  • Options
    I'm in the same situation.  I've been debating the phrasing:
    "Tented reception on the lawn at {address} to follow"
    I think it's pretty descriptive of the circumstances, although unfortunately long-winded.

On the other side of things I think my entire family already knows that the reception will be in Uncle Randy's backyard so no one should be surprised.  Word of mouth should suffice for the rest.
  • Options

I like the 'on the lawn' suggestion above. 

I also hoped that when you said 'on glass' you meant something exotic!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards