New York-New York City
Options

Pronovias Dress Alterations

Hello,

I bought an absolutely AMAZING dress at a pronovias sample sale a few months ago. They gave me a list of people there who do alterations but not sure which,if any are good, and how expensive they are.

They gave me this list of names: Has anyone worked with any of these people? Any of them better than others or should I go elsewhere? Suggestions?

Melfy Londono
Lena Olorio
Maria Bravo
Raquel Garcia
Kiki Hronis

HELP!

Re: Pronovias Dress Alterations

• Options
    suseehumansuseehuman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Susan Ruddie of "The Wedding Dresser".   A friend had found her on a Brooklyn web site and recommended her, then I found she also advertises on the knot.   She has a great eye and suggested changes, like making my shoulder straps into a halter to look better on my slopey shoulders, that were so complementary.  The work done on my dress was beautiful and my bustle is gorgeous!    She has veils,head pieces, jewelry she will bring if you know to ask.   She is more expensive than going to a neighborhood tailor but the stress reduction and her design eye is well worth it.    I am a huge fan!    My wedding is in October so I was thinking of having her make me a jacket but she pointed me to a gorgeous one I could buy on etsy for much cheaper.   I really appreciated that.
  • Options
    taram528taram528 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at pronovias a few weeks ago and opted out of their flat fee ($500) for alterations.  The sales person did me give me Melfy, Marina and Kiki's contact info, but I haven't called them b/c my dress won't be in until May.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_pronovias-dress-alterations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:cc4af8c4-8c3e-4781-b6ae-bb8474c7a6f4Post:92758a72-c88b-4b0e-95c2-b7aabff2ffeb">Pronovias Dress Alterations</a>:<div>
    </div><div>I know this thread was from a couple of years ago, but I am in the exact same situation - just bought a Pronovias dress from their sample sale. Did anyone have any luck with any of these alterations people?</div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks!</div><div>
    [QUOTE]Hello, I bought an absolutely AMAZING dress at a pronovias sample sale a few months ago. They gave me a list of people there who do alterations but not sure which,if any are good, and how expensive they are. They gave me this list of names: Has anyone worked with any of these people? Any of them better than others or should I go elsewhere? Suggestions? Melfy Londono Lena Olorio Maria Bravo Raquel Garcia Kiki Hronis HELP!
    Posted by monique.dinor@gmail.com[/QUOTE]

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_pronovias-dress-alterations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:cc4af8c4-8c3e-4781-b6ae-bb8474c7a6f4Post:92758a72-c88b-4b0e-95c2-b7aabff2ffeb">Pronovias Dress Alterations</a>:<div>
    </div><div>I know this thread was from a couple of years ago, but I am in the exact same situation - just bought a Pronovias dress from their sample sale. Did anyone have any luck with any of these alterations people?</div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks!</div><div>
    [QUOTE]Hello, I bought an absolutely AMAZING dress at a pronovias sample sale a few months ago. They gave me a list of people there who do alterations but not sure which,if any are good, and how expensive they are. They gave me this list of names: Has anyone worked with any of these people? Any of them better than others or should I go elsewhere? Suggestions? Melfy Londono Lena Olorio Maria Bravo Raquel Garcia Kiki Hronis HELP!
    Posted by monique.dinor@gmail.com[/QUOTE]

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards