New York-New York City

Dress Alterations

Hi all,

I am going to be wearing my mother's wedding dress for my wedding next year.  It is very special to me and the dress is over 30 years old.   My mother was a very small woman with a small frame, so the dress fits in the hips and waste but needs more fabirc on top.  Can anyone recommend a really good taylor in New York that specializes in wedding dress alterations?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Dress Alterations

• edited December 2011
    Is cost an issue?  You can find a few good ones here on the knot as well as on wedding wire and project wedding (with bridal reviews).  I'm using Susan Ruddie (she's listed here on the Knot as the wedding dresser); pricey but she comes to you and you get individualized attention.  GL.
  • suseehumansuseehuman member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I used Susan Ruddie of The Wedding Dresser to alter my gown and I found her prices really reasonable.    She was comparable to the dry cleaner/alterations place that Nicole Miller referred me to and di so much more than they would have, like altering the built in corset in my dress to the proper proportion as I am very petite.   My alterations came out so well that my guests complemented me on how well my gown fit!      She also made my veil and a feather and flower headpiece that is one of a kind and cost less than the stuff I saw on Etsy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards