Wedding Etiquette Forum

It's evening.

Because I said so.

Hi!  We finally have internet.  So I'm here.  What's for dinner?  How was your day?  Doing anything exciting tonight?

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.

Re: It's evening.

• Hi! 
    Idk what we're doing for dinner yet, but we'll be eating late. H has another softball game tonight at 8. 

I may pull out some cake for a snack though. Yum.
  • Yay for internet! : )

I'm having pasta for dinner. Haven't decided what kind. I've been on a real noodle kick today. My day was stressful. I really do have a bit of a momzilla on my hands >.<. And my plan for tonight is to just sit back, eat my pasta, and Knot!
  • Aw, Crash, look at you!  Gorgeous :)  I love your brown and blue poms, too.

• Poke, I read "paste" every time you said pasta the first time through.  Win.

• LOL! Yes - I am the kid that eats paste : p
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:974b2727-73ff-40ed-9661-ce0ef857eff6">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aw, Crash, look at you!  Gorgeous :)  <strong>I love your brown and blue poms, too.</strong>
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]
    Thanks! <div>
    </div><div>I made those myself. It was pretty much my only DIY project that my step-mom didn't have to relieve me from...crafting is not my stong suit.</div>
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    How's the new house J&K? We have no dinner plans here. 
  • Well, enjoy your sticky intestines ;)

Guys, I have an irritation with how expensive puzzles are.  They are a big piece of cardboard, with a picture, cut into 1000 pieces.  WHY ARE THEY $30?!  IT'S FREAKING CARDBOARD.

• Well they look great Crash : )

It's good that you had someone to help you though. 
  • New house makes funny noises, Erin.  But other than that, good!  H isn't going to be pleased to find out there are no jacks in the living room though for internet for his gaming systems.

We're having burgers, chips and guac, and fresh berries for dinner.  I need to start the grill, whoops.

• J - what puzzle are you trying to buy for $30? I've gotten the 3D ones for less than that before. 
  • Ok, $30 is an exaggeration.  But the pretty, good quality ones are like $20-25 on Amazon, and impossible to find in stores around here.  And it's making me angry.  I JUST WANT A PRETTY PUZZLE.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:861c5c1d-1b48-4a33-87ae-7573b06d75b3">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, enjoy your sticky intestines ;) Guys, I have an irritation with how expensive puzzles are.  They are a big piece of cardboard, with a picture, cut into 1000 pieces. <strong> WHY ARE THEY $30?!</strong>  IT'S FREAKING CARDBOARD.
    Whoa. <div>
    </div><div>I don't think I've ever seen a $30 puzzle before....</div><div>
    </div><div>Are you sure the cardboard isn't platnium infused?</div>
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    Shopko! I buy puzzles for my grandma there. Cool, panoramic, bajillion piece puzzles for $15.
  • I don't like doing puzzles. I don't have the paitence for it. Maybe it's all the paste. 

I tried to help FI with one of those 3D ones once, it did not turn out well.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:2cb532ea-0fc8-4619-883a-545669dd2e21">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't like doing puzzles. I don't have the paitence for it. Maybe it's all the paste.  I tried to help FI with one of those 3D ones once, it did not turn out well.
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]
    FI and I did a panoramic puzzle of NYC once. We've been meaning to buy another one. 3D sounds like it would be fun. <div>
    </div><div>Also-one of my FB friends just posted about she was hosting her own baby shower for people who couldn't come to her first one. Oh FFS.</div>
  • Hi.

I'm not sure what's for dinner.  BIL was suppose to get here at 3:35.   His flight was cancelled. Now he is getting here at 10:30.  We were going to go out, now I'm not sure what DH and I are going to do.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • That sounds frustrating Lynda : (

Crash - FI really enjoyed the 3D one. But he also loves building fancy leggo things. Yeah, he's kind of lame like that ha. There are two types of 3D ones I've seen. One has hard pieces and the other has Styrofoam pieces. I would avoid the hard pieces, I've heard they're a biitch to get in the right spots. 
  • Shopko!  I never go there.  I'll have to look. 

I just went to start the grill and I have no idea where H put the grill stuff, and it looks like it's about to severely thunderstorm, so I guess the burgers are being cooked on the stove tonight.

• edited May 2012
    We just had subway for dinner and I ate some carrots with it.

Nothing exciting going on here. Tomorrow is my Friday since I'm taking off to see my cousin graduate college.The ceremony is at 10:00 so I have to take the whole day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm an odd one J - I prefer my burgers cooked on the stove. They're still good on the grill, but better on the stove
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    College graduation ceremonies are worse than church. SO. BORING. I'm sorry, Petal. It's really nice of you to go.
  • H ladies! No idea what's for dinner yet, I just woke up from a nap. I think I'm coming down with a cold, which is just awesome. Yay for finally having Internet, J! No idea why puzzles are so expensive. My mom likes puzzles.. She was doing one for a few weeks and she stayed up late every night working on it, it was funny.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Hey!  We're eating pizza, and I'm drinking wine.  I've got to keep up my drinking game in preparation for this weekend, a huge Derby fest in KY.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:0cd39451-d79f-44c1-b00b-72e024840710">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shopko!  I never go there.  I'll have to look.  I just went to start the grill and I have no idea where H put the grill stuff, and it looks like it's about to severely thunderstorm, so I guess the burgers are being cooked on the stove tonight.
    It's looked like it was supposed to storm all day...but it never gave way. <div>Which is kinda good. I hate the rain.
    <div>
    </div></div>
  • I saw this puzzle in a store that was just so cool and I picked up the box planning to buy it...90 fuucking dollars.  For a puzzle.  It was a wood puzzle, but still?  Was each piece individually carved by the Virgin Mary or something?

I'm putting down flooring tonight, wheee!  Can't wait for this floor to be done.
  • Poke - yeah, it is.    He even had to take a 2.5 hour taxi ride to Newark from JfF and change airlines.  Because of Jazz Fest that was the only flight he could get on.   I'm sure he will be in a good mood when he gets here.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • That is odd, Poke.  EVERYTHING is better on the grill.

Puzzles are awesome.  They're relaxing to me.  Except when they get frustrating.

• I freaking love puzzles. In fact, maybe I'll do one tonight. Thanks for the idea. :)

I had today off. It was so nice. FI was at work all day, so I watched hours and hours of DVR stuff. After all that SYTTD: Bridesmaids, Bridezillas, and Four Weddings, I'm pretty sick of weddings.

So, I'm Knotting? Yeah, I don't get it either.

I'm having mac & cheese for dinner (the super fancy stuff with a pouch). FI is stopping at Arby's on the way home since he wants mozzarella sticks and a shake. We are the poster children for America.
  • Hi Petal! Ugh, a graduation ceremony at 10 am. That's exhausting! I'm sure there will be a fun party after - right? : )

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards