Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

It's evening.

Re: It's evening.

• Options
    Wow, that's super annoying, Lynda.

I love the rain.  I really love thunderstorms.  Except at 1am when they wake me up with rain coming in our windows.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options

Sounds like it will be a fun time Mica.

Erin - I really don't want to go because of that but it is apparently a huge deal to her that I go. I know graduating is a big thing but I don't even remember my own graduation it was so boring. She is even sad that FI can't go. We are all going out after to a nice restaurant so that will hopefully balance it out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:677c8afb-802a-4bd5-bac4-e9e946c8d396">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey!  We're eating pizza, and I'm drinking wine.  I've got to keep up my drinking game in preparation for this weekend, a huge Derby fest in KY.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]
    Do you have a cool hat? :)
  • Options
    Hello!

I'm not a puzzle person, but my grandpa loves them - so any mention of puzzles reminds me of him:)

I'm baking chicken tonight. I really want to go get some cupcake supplies and make a batch, but I really don't need to eat any and I don't want any to go to waste. Such a dilemma. 
  • Options
    I didn't even want to go to my OWN college graduation. 

• Options
    Hey all. I need someone to kick me in the ass and tell me to stop being a baby. My mom and brother are coming to visit tomorrow, and I called my mom to talk about fun stuff we could do. She told me all about this baby bird outside that might be hurt and had blood on it, and then she had to hang up to do something for my brother. For some reason, I feel like I'm going to cry or something. I know the bird is several hundred miles away and beyond my help, and I know my mom is excited to see me, so I'm just being ridiculous :P
  • Options
    Wow - that got busy fast. 

Muni - I hope all goes well tomorrow. I bet you're ready for the house to be finished. Are you feeling any better?
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    I do have a cool hat.  It's huge and floppy. 

But the cooler thing is seeing the KY girls while I'm there.  And I heard a rumor that LC will be in Louisville too.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:It's evening.:[QUOTE]Hello!I'm not a puzzle person, but my grandpa loves them so any mention of puzzles reminds me of him:I'm baking chicken tonight. I really want to go get some cupcake supplies and make a batch, but I really don't need to eat any and I don't want any to go to waste. Such a dilemma.nbsp; Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]I mean, I'll eat them for you. Just saying... The jar cake thing earlier made me hungry!
  • Options
    My great aunt would buy a certain brand of 3D puzzles that were all different buildings or houses (can't quite remember). Once she put them together she left them out on display in her puzzle room. It was pretty cool.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Poli - that is sad : ( I ran over a bunny a few weeks ago an dI flat out ugly cried.
  • Options
    Leisel, I love your new pic... I really love your dress and it looks so pretty on you!!

Petal, you're a great cousin to get up for a 10 am graduation ceremony, those things are dull. I have FI's law school graduation in a few weeks and he told me I don't have to go because he knows how boring it's going to be. I am of course going, since it's a big deal and I'm proud of him.. but I'm pretty sure I'm going to skip out on my own college graduation... if I ever graduate.

Poli - That's sad about the bird, I hope it's all right :(
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:b7cc315e-c891-4c87-99b1-e3622f842399">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do have a cool hat.  It's huge and floppy.  But the cooler thing is seeing the KY girls while I'm there.  And I heard a rumor that LC will be in Louisville too.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]
    Awesome! I keep telling FI one of his southern relatives needs to get married so I can wear a fancy hat. 
  • Options
    LeiselEBLeiselEB member
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:d6458483-8171-49cf-a763-e053a1dd17f0">Re:It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:It's evening.:I mean, I'll eat them for you. Just saying... The jar cake thing earlier made me hungry!
    Posted by polichik[/QUOTE]

<div>Well if that's the case, perhaps I'll make some after all! :)</div><div>
    </div><div>What's a jar cake?! I feel like I'm going to want one.</div>
  • Options
    I wish we could have a grill, but sadly we don't have a balcony.  Our Cuisnart Griddler does pretty well though.

My parents grill out all the time.  Even in the dead of winter in Norway with 8 feet snow.  Their neighbors asked if all Americans grilled out in the dead of winter in the snow.  No sadly, it's just my parents.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
  • Options
    The gift card "shower" thread is making me irritated.

• Options
    ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    Ok, so this a really horrible story and I was beyond pissed at my H's friends. Sunday we were BBQ'ing at some friends. They live out in the boonies and usually we go shooting (at targets) while we're out there. As we were eating, H saw a squirrel and pointed it out. H's best friend grabbed his gun and shot the poor little guy. I was fucking PISSED. I almost left. H's friend felt bad for making me uncomfortable, but still.
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:638c7161-b0ea-4d42-a704-503b01acca38">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's evening. : Awesome! I keep telling FI one of his southern relatives needs to get married so I can wear a fancy hat. 
    Posted by wrigleyville[/QUOTE]

I went to this garden tour in Tampa recently.  There were a bunch of women wearing big hats for realz.  We weren't at a costume party or anything.  They just wanted to shade their faces and accessorize.

I felt so Californian that day.
  • Options
    Angel - FI was going to skip his but his mom forced him to go : p

Wrigley - why do you need an excuse for a super cool hat?
  • Options
    In Response to Re:It's evening.:[QUOTE]Poli that is sad : I ran over a bunny a few weeks ago an dI flat out ugly cried. Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]I would have done the same thing. DH hit a baby coyote in the car once and I seriously bawled for an hour. FWIW, your use of "ugly cried" did make me giggle.
  • Options
    I wish I could go to the Derby. It would be fun.       But it's all good, I'm going to Jazz Fest to see Zac Brown and hopfully get to see Tracym on Saturday.

I wonder if NOLA every goes to Jazz Fest.  I haven't seen her around lately to ask.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Thanks, Angel! I have seriously developed an obsession with the back of my dress. I like the front, too, but the back is my favorite, haha.

Graduations definitely suck. Especially ones for bigger colleges - they don't announce anyone by name, it's not all that personal - I can see why people don't even enjoy going to their own.
  • Options
    Lynda, your parents are badasses. Erin, I would have had to try really hard to stop myself from punching him.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:f0f77025-3b71-42aa-909b-843f4beaeac7">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, so this a really horrible story and I was beyond pissed at my H's friends. Sunday we were BBQ'ing at some friends. They live out in the boonies and usually we go shooting (at targets) while we're out there. As we were eating, H saw a squirrel and pointed it out. H's best friend grabbed his gun and shot the poor little guy. I was fucking PISSED. I almost left. H's friend felt bad for making me uncomfortable, but still.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]
    What the eff?!?<div>
    </div><div>I would have LOST IT. I don't blame you one bit.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:99fa3a05-6d18-4ff4-afd0-f910352c6320">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Petal - was it this -  <a href="http://www.puzz3d.org/" rel="nofollow">http://www.puzz3d.org/</a>    ?
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

Haha no. She had what I would consider normal sized houses that she would sit around on tables. Interesting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Wow Erin, I would have left on the spot. I have no tolerance for killing animals for no good reason at all.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:b40bf2a3-77c2-48e6-8261-4467b756ba38">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Angel - FI was going to skip his but his mom forced him to go : p Wrigley - why do you need an excuse for a super cool hat?
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]
    People don't wear fancy hats to weddings in Michigan. They wear their best flannel.<div>
    </div><div>Clearly, I need to move to the south. I'm all about fancy hats, garden parties, and no snow. Too bad I hate humidity.</div>
  • Options
    LeiselEBLeiselEB member
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:cb8c9769-3a77-48be-964d-fd7f75e3c983">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish I could go to the Derby. It would be fun.       But it's all good, I'm going to Jazz Fest to see Zac Brown and hopfully get to see Tracym on Saturday. I wonder if NOLA every goes to Jazz Fest.  I haven't seen her around lately to ask.
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

<div>I saw Zac Brown last summer. I'm not at all a country music fan, but they put on a really good show, so even for me it was a lot of fun.</div>
  • Options
    J - do you mean CMGr saying that you're stuck with your family? 

Erin - that's awful! I would have had a serious problem with that. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards