Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

It's evening.

1141516171820»

Re: It's evening.

• Options
    Cmgr is a "we get it" flame by now anyway so it's probably best you got it out now, ha. I'm laying on this mattress on the floor with all the windows open and I love the cool night breeze. It's really warm here right now for early may and my parents havent put in the window air units yet. I prefer this breeze anyway.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:1497ecb3-85ba-477b-a408-c1b0d02dbae5">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's evening. : I guess it just irked me because I was the opposite. I needed someone to talk to and the pills were just awful to me. They made me gain weight which was definitely noticed by the bullies at school and if I ever forgot to take them (which was quite often because I was only a kid) I had the most horrible feeling.  Also, my mother is addicted or something to anti-depressants. She just happened to be on a particular anti-depressant when my family was well off and things were going well in her life. A couple years ago, when things were all falling apart, she spent money my father was supposed to be using to pay the gas bill to get that same anti-depressant thinking that it would make her as happy as she had been years previously. We went two weeks without hot water because of that. And it didn't even work - she was more miserable than ever (which lead to heavier drinking). I just feel like if you've got this huge problem in your life, then pills aren't going to fix anything. From what you're talking about, Angel, it sounds like there wasn't one problem that could be addressed head on. And I do understand your point. I guess I just feel like a therapist could determine if you need that medication right away or not. Maybe it's just my very negative experiences with anti-depressants that makes me react so strongly.
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

I can definitely understand your viewpoint, given what happened with your mom. I had been mildly depressed throughout high school and then I met FI and I felt better for the few months that we were hooking up, but then he went to college and basically dropped me on the spot and I sank into a horrible depression and I'm so glad I got the medication to get me out of it. FYI, fiance was an ass back in the day, haha. Also, the one I was on made me lose weight. It was an awesome medication... unfortunately, once a generic came out, the name brand version got crazy expensive and the generic versions don't work for me, so I had to just go off of it.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Me too.  Good night, ladies!  Same time tomorrow? :)
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:0b676a92-6db0-4483-a791-b610b2e7e893">Re:It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cmgr is a "we get it" flame by now anyway so it's probably best you got it out now, ha. I'm laying on this mattress on the floor with all the windows open and I love the cool night breeze. It's really warm here right now for early may and my parents havent put in the window air units yet. I prefer this breeze anyway.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

It's been fairly warm here too... last night, I was hot as balls and realized that it's time to take my flannel sheets off the bed. Unfortunately, I threw away my summer sheets last year because they were old, so now I need new ones. I'll have to make a trip to BBB or somewhere tomorrow because I don't want to be hot again.
  • Options
    Musu - That does sound absolutely lovely. And talk about warm for early May - it was 90 degrees today here : (

Angel - I know that other people have good experiences with it, and I am totally happy for you that it helped you out so much. And I'm also very happy that FI lost his ass-ness : p I guess I'm just a fan of "therapy first". Of course the fact that CMGr said it makes it worse - since everything she says irritates me on some level lol. And btw Musu - I'm not just jumping on the bash CMGr bandwagon. I disliked her when I was posting only on Budget Boards - so I came to that on my own haha
  • Options
    I feel like flaming Chelsea is a "we get it" flame too. I feel like people read her posts and actually look for things they can flame. I feel like it's whatever, roll your eyes and move on. I actually like Chelsea though, so there's that.
  • Options
    Yuck 90 degrees sounds gross!! I think it was in the low 80s here which is not normal. I can't believe you still had your flannel sheets on angel, lol. The whole dining room my makeshift bedroom haha smells like fresh laundry because the smell is wafting from our basement window through this open window. How pleasant haha.
  • Options
    Angel - I didn't realise people didn't like Chelsea 

Musu - you're making me jealous now. I love the smell of fresh laundry.
  • Options
    Yeah, they're still on right now, but I hope to change them tomorrow! My room also smells like fresh laundry, but that's because I sprayed it with clean linen Febreeze after I ate sushi last night. I HATE when the room continues to smell like fish after I'm finished.
  • Options
    It is definitely a nice smell to fall asleep to! Which I'm about to, goodnight everyone!
  • Options
    Night, Musu!
  • Options
  • Options
    All right, I best be trying to get to sleep too. Night, Poke (and anyone else still around!)
  • Options
    I really wish I could fall asleep at a normal time. I mean, I guess it doesn't make THAT much of a difference since there is nothing in particular that I do, but it would be nice to not be waking up right as FI has finished with his entire day.
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards