Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

It's evening.

Re: It's evening.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:50fdb658-b82a-4ace-a3ab-6c72dc9a8d20">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's evening. : My H thought it was weird at first but then when we were in the process of moving, some of the girls (LC!) gave some great advice about the area.  After that, he was like "ask your knot friends this or that". A few days ago I was talking to my coworker and almost referred to H as "H", not "my husband" or his name.  I corrected myself and like to think that she didn't notice.  Guess I've been on here too much lately.
    Posted by tracym77[/QUOTE]

<div>Hey Tracy! Love the new picture. </div><div>
    </div><div>I've totally done this, but it's much easier to recover from FI to fiance so it's never been an issue. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:a7fb4d2c-c570-4b72-8a29-8b2a2a1ab49e">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sometimes I miss going to school and think I would like to go back. Then I remember how much I like sitting around in the evenings doing whatever I want and the feeling goes away.
    Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

<div>I can't wait to get back in school >.<</div>
  • Options
    I'm a psychology major with a focus on business. I take online classes so that I can work full time. It works out pretty well for me since I never made it to class when I was doing regular campus classes. When I talk about things that happened "in college" on here, I'm referring to the 3 years I spent at a regular campus, because I consider that my college experience. I'm technically still in college, but it's online so I don't think of it the same way.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JK - Is there stuff on the table? I have found it easier to keep the cats off the table when it is empty. They get really interested when there is paper or other fun objects to investigate up there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I want to go back to school sooooo bad.  I just have to figure out what I really want to go for.  Unfortunately, if I DO decide I want my MSW (I'm leaning far more towards law school right now) I'm sort of screwed, because of what happened when I applied this year. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:57870697-f49c-438b-b64d-6fad1b81dd90">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's evening. : Are you in CA or FL? "Orange County" isn't very specific. I imagine FL since you're talking about storms.
    Posted by wrigleyville[/QUOTE]

Neither, lol! I was in CA my whole life up until October.  I'm in Louisiana now.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:8c6ede31-51e5-437a-a3b1-6c52c520d7ed">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh, guys...when we first got Box Kitty, we fought a long, losing battle about her not going on the table.  She beat us, and since we never ate at the table anyway, we really didn't care that much at the time.  Now we have a nice table that we actually paid for, and we're having a hell of a time (to be expected) keeping her off of it.  I'm kicking myself.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>D'awwww : P </div><div>
    </div><div>I think if you just use a water bottle kitty will get it after a while</div><div>
    </div><div>*Spray bottle - fail</div>
  • Options
    angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:2eaf51ce-7eaa-42f2-a30f-c861d4fb8139">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want to go back to school sooooo bad.  I just have to figure out what I really want to go for.  Unfortunately, if I DO decide I want my MSW (I'm leaning far more towards law school right now) I'm sort of screwed, <strong>because of what happened when I applied this year.</strong> 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

What happened?

ETA - Getting into the shower, I'll be back in a few.
  • Options
    poke - What do you want to study?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:1f630985-ec7a-41b6-891d-aaf631f58851">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a psychology major with a focus on business. I take online classes so that I can work full time. It works out pretty well for me since I never made it to class when I was doing regular campus classes. When I talk about things that happened "in college" on here, I'm referring to the 3 years I spent at a regular campus, because I consider that my college experience. I'm technically still in college, but it's online so I don't think of it the same way.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Petal, she's far more likely to stay off it when there IS stuff on it.  She likes to stretch out and sleep on it, so stuff on it makes that hard. 

• Options
    Thanks, Megbo!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:fe684c92-ba9f-4157-8620-645b425f994f">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]poke - What do you want to study?

<div>I don't know anymore : (</div><div>
    </div><div>I originally was in school for Education, but now that I'm going to England it's not an option anymore. I have no idea what I want to do now. </div><div>
    </div><div>Well, it is an option, I just don't want to : s</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:a7fb4d2c-c570-4b72-8a29-8b2a2a1ab49e">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sometimes I miss going to school and think I would like to go back. Then<strong> I remember how much I like sitting around in the evenings doing whatever I want and the feeling goes away.</strong>

<div>This...Sometimes I think about going back for my MBA.. but now I think if I did go back it would be for something completely unrelated.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:6e6aef80-3d8a-45bf-aa7a-9476d8471fc2">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's evening. : D'awwww : P  I think if you just use a water bottle kitty will get it after a while *Spray bottle - fail
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

The water bottle does not faze her one bit.  She's weird. 

Angel, I applied to all the good MSW schools in this area, and two of my recommenders didn't send in my letters.  So I didn't even get considered.  I'm pretty fucking pissed.

• Options
    J&K - is she declawed or does she damage the table?  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:882d970c-ed04-4e72-938d-71e697931412">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's evening. : This...Sometimes I think about going back for my MBA.. but now I think if I did go back it would be for something completely unrelated.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

<div>I feel like a lot of people get masters in something unrelated to their bachelors. I'm a psych and hispanic studies major but will probably get my masters in nutrition. </div>
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I think for me the thing is that I took classes at CC in HS, went to college, and then went straight to a MA at night while working full time with no down time. I had 3+ years of my life where I taught 5 year olds during the day and then took 2-3 classes a week at night. I love my free time.

ETA: That sucks J&K. I would be pissed too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah - my BA is in Finance.  If I went back I'd do like interior design or something arty (although I can't draw a stick figure to save my life... ask anyone I play drawsomething with LOL).
  • Options
    pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    WTH J? Why not?? Do you have someone else that can send a recommendation letter? 

And the spray bottle doesn't work on my boxer. Whenever we bring it out she sits down and opens her mouth. She "eats" the water out of the air. It's pretty hilarious.
  • Options
    J&K, I would be pissed if that happened to me. 
  • Options
    Loopy, she's got claws.  She doesn't scratch it or anything, but it's definitely a possibility that she could accidentally.  We currently have old curtains covering it while we figure out how to keep her off it.

• Options
    J&K, maybe put treats on a different sleeping spot she likes when you see her on the table and praise her in whatever way she enjoys for getting off the table?

My ex-h and I trained our cat to scratch her scratching post instead of the sofa in a similar way.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:2af0da54-a527-4b03-b81f-3d4d96351bfa">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]WTH J? Why not?? Do you have someone else that can send a recommendation letter?  And the spray bottle doesn't work on my boxer. Whenever we bring it out she sits down and opens her mouth. She "eats" the water out of the air. It's pretty hilarious.

I have no idea.  The bullshiit thing is that one of them I even wrote the damn letter for her...all she had to do was edit it, print it, sign it, put it in the already addressed and stamped envelope, an dput it in the mail.  I called, emailed, and FB messaged them both several times and neither of them even had the decency to respond to me.  I was pretty crushed, because both of them were really instrumental to my internship and my early work stuff.  I will have other people when I apply again, but I don't know how much not completing my app the first time will affect me applying int he future.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:2af0da54-a527-4b03-b81f-3d4d96351bfa">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]WTH J? Why not?? Do you have someone else that can send a recommendation letter?  And the spray bottle doesn't work on my boxer. Whenever we bring it out she sits down and opens her mouth. She "eats" the water out of the air. It's pretty hilarious.

<div>Add Listerine.  Our puppy trainer recommended it.  We only used 1/4 Listerine / 3/4 water but you can go up to full Listerine if you have to.  It's not toxic.  Just try not to hit their eyes cause it will sting and then you'll have sad doggy.</div>
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    I've never met a cat who didn't hate the spray bottle.  Butter must not melt in box kitty's mouth.
  • Options
    MUNI, that's a good idea, and something I hadn't considered.  Which is funny, because I drill "more positive reinforcement, less negative reinforcement" into the heads of the parents of my clients. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:90b53707-942b-447e-aac8-b81b39196de3">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's evening. : I started dating him midway through his 2nd year, so I've been with him for half of law school. It's definitely been tough, <span style="font-weight:bold;">but it's way worse during finals... it's not that bad the rest of the semester. </span>You guys live together, so I imagine it would be easier on you... we don't, so if he's studying, I don't get to see him at all.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

Finals are the pits!  I barely saw H for what seemed like forever (actually about 10 days). I'd leave for work at 7 am while he was still sleeping, sometimes meet up for dinner at a fast food joint, back to school, then home at 3, 4, 5 am.  His studio professor actually told the class, "Tell your loved ones you'll see them in a week".  I had a mini meltdown.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:015f66f4-48ca-4b7d-a755-d3293fb9cbce">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never met a cat who didn't hate the spray bottle.  Butter must not melt in box kitty's mouth.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

She definitely doesn't like it, but she just sort of hunkers down and shuts her eyes until we're done spraying.  Then she plants herself where she's at until she's done bathing the wet away. 

• Options
    http://voices.yahoo.com/how-keep-cat-off-kitchen-counters-table-619970.html

I found that J - although I don't know how helpful it is. One of the three methods is to use a spray bottle which you say doesn't work. 
  • Options
    Out of the shower!

J - I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up, haha. I'm enjoying nannying for now and I don't have any immediate plans to switch jobs, even when I do graduate, so we'll see. And that sucks about your recommendation letters, I'd be pissed too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards