Wedding Etiquette Forum

Cats.

13»

Re: Cats.

• My sister's cats are clothed 24/7 in the winter.  She keeps her heat turned down really low, so they are always freezing.  She keeps them in sweaters and t-shirts and they hiss if you try to take them off them!

They are also shared cats.  She had a roommate for a long time, who had the black and white cat, and then my sister got the white cat.  The roommate moved out and took her cat, and they were both so distraught they now have shared custody of the pair.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Brie, that is crazy. I hate when people say animals don't have feelings. I think they do and this proves it!
  • Wow--how lucky he fell onto the couch, Sun!! I would be so paranoid---but, the cats look so happy.

Ricks--is your bunny house-trained?!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, he goes on paper :)
  • Ricks, too cute!  my bunny used a litter box, just like a cat :)

• How do the bunnies know to do that?!?! I'm so amazed at litter trained rabbits!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cats?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6e6c96c3-0f9c-4d35-8b4b-7c223c60fc89Post:14164bfa-486f-4bd7-9eb0-eb4e566341e5">Re: Cats.</a>:
    [QUOTE]How do the bunnies know to do that?!?! I'm so amazed at litter trained rabbits!
    Posted by RachNRich[/QUOTE]

Velveteen came home from the pet store at 6 weeks already trained. :)  Bunnies are actually very easy to train -- he never had one single accident until the last few months he was alive.  (He passed away in August at nearly 10 years old.)

We would let him out in the back yard and he somehow knew where ours stopped and the neighbors' started, because he would run all around our yard and never cross over.  He never tried to run away, either!

He also figured out that his favorite treats came out of the fridge, and he'd sit in front of it and stand up on his hind legs until someone came and gave him something! :)
  • OMG Kate, I love your bunny. I love the way they lay on thier feet.

Rach, mine just went on his own. I was amazed.
  • I want a bunny now!  Good job Ricks and Kate.

I'll have to have FI fire up the desktop so I can grab some of our kitty pics off it.

I love everyone's kitties!
  • Anya, the sweet, loving one: 

She also likes food, and is shaped vaguely like a football.

Fezzik, the kitten:

Fezzik says "'Sup."  His name is Fezzik because he'll be 15-20 pounds when he's fully grown.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker

VOTE on my Name List

• This is Stewee,  She's 4 years old, she's a libra, she spends her time napping, she hates dogs, having company and spicy food, she loves to eat and lay on people when there's a blanket on them.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • My baby is in my SIG. His name is Tobie. I would have more cats (at least one) but he's a bully.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Demon at 5 weeks when I got her (black one)

She's a princess, that pile of laudry just came out of the dryer and was still warm.
  • edited January 2010
    I'm super late to this, but I love seeing everyone's kitties! GG, your little kitty stack is one of my favorite pictures ever on here. Brie, I remember cooler kitty! Also, a brown fuzzy bunny named Velveteen? *dies*

I'm tickled by how many brown/grey/black tigers you guys have. Here's one more. His name is Monkey and he's 2 years old.

In the Christmas tree (very naughty, but so cute it's hard to punish him):

He likes to jump on H's shoulder and sit like this:

Taking over the clean laundry:

And finally, trying to figure out his ass from his elbow.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Here is Bogey when we first got him:

And here he is now (a teenager!):

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards