New York-New York City

Average cost per plate in NYC?

Just starting to look into choosing a wedding venue, but considering that we're the first in our families and first of our friends to get engaged, we really have no idea what to expect as far as cost. 

We live in the Bronx and are looking into Marina del Rey, Villa Barrone, and the beach clubs in New Rochelle (VIP, Surf Club, etc.), as well as anywhere that's not too far from there.

Could anyone give me an idea of what to expect at these places? 

Thanks so much :)

Re: Average cost per plate in NYC?

• positivelypositively member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depending on the time of year (prices change based on the month), your best bets for lower pricing would be Greentree and Villa Barrone from my experience with friends who have been to these and others.
  • edited December 2011
    Expect $100 - $175 per person at the places you listed. I looked at all of those venues and am getting married on Oct 8 at the Greentree.  Villa Barone is probably the least expensive. 
    October 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We got really good deals from the Split Rock Pelham Bay Golf Course and Tosca Marquee in the Bronx.  You should check out those venues too if you're on a budget.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much for the replies!  We're hoping to keep it around $125 but have been getting nervous that some of the local places would be too expensive. 

Jmars-- Good to know you got a good deal at Split Rock, was looking into that as well!

Could anyone tell me the price differences between the different seasons... I never even thought it would be that much of a difference!  A co-worker in NJ said teh price dropped $100 from early November to early December!
  • HikanHikan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The best thing to do would be to contact all of these places and ask for info on their wedding packages.  Most venues have a write up with their pricing for different seasons, different days of the week, etc. 

Also, make sure to ask what their service charges are and what tax is.  Service charges and tax can add up to an extra 30% on the price per head, so if you're trying to stay around $125pp total, you'll need a venue that gives you $100pp before tax and service charges.
  • edited December 2011
    i dont know the prices of theses but i went to a wedding at marina del rey last year and it was sooooo good .. good food pretty venue
  • edited December 2011

Hikan-- great advice about the taxes adn service charges! 

Thank you everyone for the help!

• edited December 2011
    During peek season, anywhere between $100-$175. Hope that helps :)
  • edited December 2011
    We're trying to keep it close to $100 per plate (though it will end up being around $130 after taxes and service fees).  Can anyone suggest anywhere?

Looked at Lake Isle in Eastchester (very reasonable but heard mixed reviews about the food), the Davenport (super reasonable but will probably be too small for our party), and the Surf Club (more expensive, would have to be on a Friday).  Looking into Split Rock, Marina del Rey, and VIP next weekend.  Any ideas on what to expect there?
  • edited December 2011
    If you're open to a Friday or Sunday wedding, or even a Saturday afternoon wedding, you can cut costs down.  We found out that the difference between a Saturday afternoon and the difference between a Saturday night was about $30-$40 pp on average.  Sometimes higher.
  • edited December 2011
    Dantaes Caterers is in your price range about 34 to 70 a person it may not be close by but it is the cheapest banquet hall in nyc in every wedding magazine and book in town next to Villa Russo which has a tuesday special for 17.89  per person i hope that helps
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards