Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Why Colt McCoy is NOT a Rhodes Scholar

He has a professional career on the line here and he gives a post game interview where he not only talks about his injury, but says he has no feeling in his arm, like its dead. I bet his future agent is having a heart attack right about now. Stifle boy!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Why Colt McCoy is NOT a Rhodes Scholar

• Options
    Not smart, Colt.  Not smart.

A few years ago, my university played Notre Dame on NBC and (unexpectedly) won.  Immediately following the game, our QB was interviewed and seemed like he was keeping it together, but then said that he was so "fucking proud of his teammates".  Live on NBC.

I had a class with him that semester and yelled at him for saying what he did.  He told me that there were two repercussions from his interview -- his grandmother prayed for his soul and he'd never get a job working for NBC.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm gathering we're talking about american football here.. but pray tell, what does being a football player have to do with being a scholar?
  • Options
    TheSun, it was asarcastic comment.  If he HAD been a Rhodes Scholar he would have been smart enough to know that discussing his injuries on live TV could jeopardize any future pro football contracts.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Oh right! Sarcasm! 

I am not quite sure how I missed that, actually. For some reason, I figured the OP was saying that Colt McCoy was a scholar of some variety, but that his scholarship wasn't as good as a Rhodes' scholarship and it was obvious from what he'd said as to why this was the case... and I was like, well why the hell would he have any sort of academic scholarship if his career is football?! It was all so highly confusing. 

• Options
    hehehe, a tipsy Sun is cute....
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    and also sleepy (not to mention, incapable of comprehension of posts, apparently)! ;P That is the worst thing about beer. I have a couple and suddenly I'm overwhelmed by the feeling that it's bedtime.
  • Options
    oh yes, beer + aMrs = bad things. 
    One beer I'm fine, two beers I'm dancing on the bar, three beers, I'm passed out UNDER the bar.
  • Options

Well, I gather you only had the one when we met for dinner, then? :P

It surely must be bed time soon!

what have you got planned for your day today?

• Options
    HA, I was drinking wine!

I'm doing my best to do nothing today.  it is cold and pouring rarin outside. We have enough food in the house for dinner tonight, so I think I may stay in my fleece and hibernate.
  • Options
    That sounds quite fantastic!
  • Options

On that note, we are off to bed- finally can rest eyelids heavy with beer!

Have a great day of relaxing in the warmth!

• Options
    Sorry Sun.. I should have explained. Colt McCoy is the quarterback for the University of Texas football team. They just lost the National title to The University of Alabama, whose quarterback IS a Rhodes Scholar, in addition to being a very solid football player.

The career threatening move was his inability to keep his mouth shut about his injury before the NFL (pro) draft.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards