Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Whoops! My Bad!

I'm sorry for piggie-backing on the fact that someone else just did this same thing, but I realized I never actually introduced myself when I first joined.  How rude of me!  Oh well, I wanted to first say thank you to all the ladies who have given me great advice so far, and give a little intro about me for future reference.

I'm 28 and my FI is 25 (turning 26 next month).  We are both music teachers (He's at a high school and I'm at an elementary school) and met while in the music ed program at college.  We've been together for almost 7 years and got engaged at the 6 1/2 mark...  He's convinced me to like cats, though I'm a dog person at heart, and our two feline friends are best friends, despite an age difference of ten years!  He's the gardening, outdoorsy type who is a little type A about cleaning, where as I have insane allergies and prefer playing games all day (board games, Wii, iPad games, I'm not picky).

Again, sorry I didn't realize I should introduce myself when I first got involved.  Thank you for your help with questions already asked and I look forward to spending more time here!

Re: Whoops! My Bad!

• Options
    HG - post pictures of your kitties!

You aren't required to introduce yourself, but it's really nice to get to know a little bit about the people who post here. I never introduced myself, and honestly, I think every time I post I come off as new (I recently added a little picture in order to give myself SOME sort of identity!). So I kind of wish I had.

Welcome! :)
  • Options
    Great! Now I feel rude :-)

I never introduced myself either.  I was lurking for a few months and just started posting a little here and there. 

I actually made FI like cats and dogs! He never had any pets growing up and I wanted our daughter to be around pets so he gave in. Now we have a kitty and a puppy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hey I never did either!

I'm 31, FI is 33.  I am the International Sales Manager for my company, FI is a Tech Support Supervisor and we live in NH in our new house with our spaniel mutt and cheweenie (dachshund/chiuhaua mix). We've been together over 2 years and engaged since October. He likes watching sports and Im a wicked geek =) Brunch reception and Disney HM for us

welcome! nice to read about you
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Options
    Greetings and salutations!

Have you and your fiance discussed what you will do in the event one of you is turned into a zombie? My husband and I have agreed if one of us should ever be a werewolf or vampire, we will turn the other, but we draw the line at zombies. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whoops-my-bad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:739e261a-71b5-497a-a33d-8eb89baac188Post:fa118953-d37c-497c-af64-cf5a083b67a7">Re: Whoops! My Bad!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Greetings and salutations! Have you and your fiance discussed what you will do in the event one of you is turned into a zombie? My husband and I have agreed if one of us should ever be a werewolf or vampire, we will turn the other, but we draw the line at zombies. 
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

LOL. Gotta draw the line somewhere.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whoops-my-bad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:739e261a-71b5-497a-a33d-8eb89baac188Post:fa118953-d37c-497c-af64-cf5a083b67a7">Re: Whoops! My Bad!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Greetings and salutations! Have you and your fiance discussed what you will do in the event one of you is turned into a zombie? My husband and I have agreed if one of us should ever be a werewolf or vampire, we will turn the other, but we draw the line at zombies. 
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

Whenever we start to talk about zombies we get in an argument over what would happen to our cats, which turns into me reminding him why a dog would be a better pet for safety and mobility. It ends with us hugging our kitties just like after every one of those animal cruelty commercials.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whoops-my-bad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:739e261a-71b5-497a-a33d-8eb89baac188Post:a334bf95-e19b-4d7b-a284-df642a18062d">Re: Whoops! My Bad!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Two music teachers?  OMG, your poor children!  LOL!  I'm a retired music teacher married to an engineer, so I got musical nerds for kids.
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

Oh it gets worse, my dad is a music teacher and my mom taught math...
  • Options
    I'm a music teacher too! Woo-hoo!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards