New York-New York City
Options

BBQ Reception

I have just began to search for ideas for my upcoming wedding in August 2010.  The cost is going to be more that I ever wanted to spend because I have a huge family and numerous friends, and currently paying for two childen at attend college.  Just inviting my family alone would be very expensive.  I thought we would go to city hall and plan a huge BBQ in the park, so that all my family & friends would be able to attend and wish us blessings.  Does that sound cheap!!

Re: BBQ Reception

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it sounds wonderful, but might be tricky if there's weather issues.  YOu may want to check other city parks, there may be some with picnic structures that would be much more accommodating for a "planned event".  check out the bio of brooklynbridecesh  she had an awesome backyard brooklyn wedding-pizza and hotdogs and it just was fantastic!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the response.  As I continue my search, I see that I'm not the first to come up with that idea.  The weather did come to mind, so I would have to have a plan B. 

Thanks again,

Forvernluv2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards