Re: knock knock

• Options
    My damn foot's stuck in the door!
  • Options

hot!

How are you, dear cew? Good morning!

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Hi Beautiful! I'm doing well. Just woke up, so I'm eating my cottage cheese and waiting for my coffee to be ready. I'm so glad it's Friday. And I'm taking the morning off because I have to go register Ben for kindergarten. Yay for half days.

How are you?
  • Options

Fantastic; it's friday night. Nick and I watched where the wild things are earlier tonight (which I was not expecting to fight tears off throughout!), drank perhaps a little too much beer, and probably won't be up for too much longer. Awesome that you have a half day today; happy friday!

What do you eat your cottage cheese with for breakfast?

• Options
    You know, I actually haven't seen that movie... but I did cherish that book when I was little. FI hates movies like that, I'll have to rent it the next time he's out hunting or something.... good morning/good evening to you, too! Happy Friday!!
  • Options

Oh, I apologise for just insinuating you were avoiding/ignoring my thread now you've replied, newbie! I don't think I've seen you post before- how long have you been hanging out here?

And yeah- H and I watched it together, but it was rather sad and we were both feeling a little sorry for ourselves by the end of it, although he seemed to think it had a more positive message overall than I got from it. 

• Options
    I really wanted to take Ben to see Where the Wild Things Are because we love the book, but everyone said it was dark and depressing.I still want to see it. I also really want to take him to the new Tim Burton Alice in Wonderland movie, but I think it will scare the shiit out of him.

I just eat my cottage cheese plain. I'm like a 70 year old man.
  • Options
    future-mrsfuture-mrs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2010
    Hello!  I'm here as well...bright and early.  Looks like a cute movie, can't say that I've seen the previews for it until now.

ETA: Sun I e-stalked your bio awhile back and thought your photos were absolutely gorgeous.  The one in your sig was my fave actually.  That's all. 
  • Options

Well, I think a lot of the sad concepts in the wild things would probably fly over most children's heads, but that said- I'm not sure how much they would get out of it, either. I'm not sure how much I got out of it, really! It was very moving, but I'm not sure that my perception of what it was trying to convey was accurate. 

For me, I couldn't help but see the troubled, picked-on child in all of the representations, and I guess in some respects I was likening the little boy who was the main character (and all of the representations of his feelings) to an abused child, given the work I do and the fact I'm always thinking about these disadvantaged kids... so watching his disappointment, loneliness and pain was harder for me. Nick likened him to a more normal kid with a good family, and took away a more positive message from the film... so I guess a lot of it is about how you approach it. I just found it heartbreaking without enough positivity to balance that. I certainly don't think a child would see it that way, though. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ring-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:780f000e-acea-409d-b328-708f0046bf97Post:02f36f51-6fa0-4093-9689-de2fbe4c0da3">Re: knock knock</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello!  I'm here as well...bright and early.  Looks like a cute movie, can't say that I've seen the previews for it until now. ETA: Sun I e-stalked your bio awhile back and thought your photos were absolutely gorgeous.  The one in your sig was my fave actually.  That's all. 
    <p>Posted by future-mrs[/QUOTE]</p><p> </p><p>Thanks! :)</p>
  • Options
    Anyway, it's my bedtime now! Happy friday-ing!
  • Options
    I really want to see that movie.  Did you go to the theater and see it?  Or is it out on DVD already? 

Good Evening by the way.  :) 
  • Options
    Hmmm. I have a feeling that I would look at it in a similar way as you.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ring-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:780f000e-acea-409d-b328-708f0046bf97Post:6c4231a7-8680-43d1-a9a6-7e7d4b45819b">Re: knock knock</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anyway, it's my bedtime now! Happy friday-ing!
    Posted by thesuninherhead[/QUOTE]

Good night!
  • Options
    sun - I've been lurking for a few months... posting here and there. Just recently started getting more active. Don't think I've done anything too memorable yet... just trying not to get myself flamed. LOL! So far, so good... :)
  • Options
    future-mrsfuture-mrs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2010
    Night!  Wow, whether I would've viewed it that way or not....I probably will now!   Not sure I even want to see it...  I'm not a big fan of movies where you walk away and "feel" depressed because of them.  It's almost exhausting.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ring-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:780f000e-acea-409d-b328-708f0046bf97Post:225e7e69-4d14-4c57-a3af-24f06dba13fb">Re: knock knock</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really want to see that movie.  Did you go to the theater and see it?  Or is it out on DVD already?  Good Evening by the way.  :) 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

I've been seeing commercial for the DVD, so if it's not already out, it will be soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards