Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Does the wedding planner come to the rehearsal dinner?

Hi! I have a wedding planner and I know she is coming to the rehearsal to help coordinate & finish a few details. Does she also get invited to the rehearsal dinner? I'm sure my fiance's mother will be asking about this... Thanks for your help!

Re: Does the wedding planner come to the rehearsal dinner?

• Options
    Is she getting paid during the time that she's at the rehearsal? 

I did not have a coordinator attend the rehearsal -- our priests and organist ran the rehearsal (and they were all invited to the RD).  Random vendors who happen to be in the building setting up but not involved in your actual rehearsal do not need to be invited.
  • Options
    I would assume no, she does not need to come.  The rehearsal is a thank-you for those participating in your wedding, and you will be thanking her by paying her.

The exception to this (at least for us) was our pastor, who we invited, although he is not coming anyway.  And he is also not charging us, although we will be making a donation to the church in his honor.
    imageimage
  • Options
    The Rehearsal is in our contract, so I would assume she WOULDN'T come to the dinner but my mother asked and it made me wonder. She is coming from an hour away so ahhh so tough. Maybe I'll extent the invitation, I'll doubt she'll want to come anyways.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wedding-planner-come-rehearsal-dinner-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7c197184-ff18-45a6-bc19-b92f4404f213Post:46187bcf-84a4-42d6-9d47-c412ee0e06e8">Re: Does the wedding planner come to the rehearsal dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Rehearsal is in our contract, so I would assume she WOULDN'T come to the dinner but my mother asked and it made me wonder. She is coming from an hour away so ahhh so tough. <strong>Maybe I'll extent the invitation, I'll doubt she'll want to come anyways.</strong>
    Posted by YourWorstStar[/QUOTE]

This is probably you're best bet.  At least you won't have left her out if she was expecting to be fed.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wedding-planner-come-rehearsal-dinner-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7c197184-ff18-45a6-bc19-b92f4404f213Post:46187bcf-84a4-42d6-9d47-c412ee0e06e8">Re: Does the wedding planner come to the rehearsal dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Rehearsal is in our contract, so I would assume she WOULDN'T come to the dinner but my mother asked and it made me wonder. She is coming from an hour away so ahhh so tough. Maybe I'll extent the invitation, I'll doubt she'll want to come anyways.
    Posted by YourWorstStar[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I would extend the invitation to be courteous.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    thank you all :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards