Wedding Etiquette Forum

Oh hi there!

I'm back and being a sad banana because it's freezing outside.

How's everyone? What did I miss?

Re: Oh hi there!

• HAI ALIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear about your trip!!!!!!!!

• Oh, about 14 days of Harry Potter movie countdown madness.

I want to see pics, too. I know nothing about SA and need to hear all about it!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Well, hey there pretty lady. ;)
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • HI!  You've missed the Harry Potter countdown......every.single.day.  It's been great.  However, I'm sure your trip was way more interesting. 

I hope you had an amazing trip
  • Oh, what you missed.

MISSCOURTNEY knots with students in her room.

mgietler hates people who don't speak English and also makes weird trolls or something.

Ghoti is pronounced "Fish"

Lala is still looking for links

The Margarita Evolution
  • Oh! And Rosie got a new kitty.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Welcome back!  I love the new sig pic.  You look so much like one of my friends from home in that picture.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_oh-hi-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7c8033f9-a6bb-4713-8e70-b3eecc9e297dPost:c9fedd60-8841-47f7-9a6e-dc2c8fb78154">Re: Oh hi there!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, what you missed. MISSCOURTNEY knots with students in her room. mgietler hates people who don't speak English and also makes weird trolls or something. Ghoti is pronounced "Fish" Lala is still looking for links
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

You left out that she missed you giving out wedding advice yesterday. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome back :)  Pretty picture in your sig!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_oh-hi-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7c8033f9-a6bb-4713-8e70-b3eecc9e297dPost:c9fedd60-8841-47f7-9a6e-dc2c8fb78154">Re: Oh hi there!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, what you missed. MISSCOURTNEY knots with students in her room. mgietler hates people who don't speak English and also makes weird trolls or something. Ghoti is pronounced "Fish" Lala is still looking for links
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

Isn't knotting with students in the room a bit of an understatement?  Unfortunately.....
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • OH GOD, yeah. That was bad. It was a new knot low for me. It's also always when LVB isn't around. WTF is up with that?

Also, there are some newbs around that are neato.

Doctabroccoli for one. I call her Veggie, though. There's an Ash, too. And the MelandTodd show...and who else am I missing?

The Margarita Evolution
  • Halloween troll day was kind of fun.  I think you missed that too.  P2 was full of awesome that day. 
  • OH YEAH!! Halloween troll day! 1/2 thought it was good times, 1/2 were really annoyed.

I was KodyBrown.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Uh, you're missing Ghoti.  And the one yesteday who GBCK'd.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Wait wait wait... Fischeh gives wedding advice? Uh... is this the Twilight Zone?

Ooh... Twilight! I watched Eclipse on one of the planes yesterday. (see how I did that?)

Trip was fantastic. I literally didn't want to come back. It was one of those times where I didn't really realize the extent that I missed home until I went back, kwim? *sad banana* I also love my sig pic Tongue out It's the view from the top of a cloudless Table Mountain in Cape Town.
  • Pictures and travelogue, please. 
  • P2's was definitely my favorite.  And I love that Sue is still in her sig. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • When was the last time you'd been there? And where did you go - Cape Town, obviously, anywhere else?
  • P2's and Squirrly as Paula dean were my favs. 

Alix I tried to turn FFF into a Twilight thread, but it didn't work.  Only you have that sort of skill. 
  • Oh, and Salt started a .... ummm...472634823648 days until some other harry potter thing countdown. Which is hilarious.

The Margarita Evolution
  • The last time I was there was just after the elections in '94. Looong time ago. We stayed with a friend in Jo'Burg, did four days in Cape Town (Table Mountain, Boulders Beach, Camps and Hout Bay, Chapmans Peak Drive, Cape Point - these are all google-able if you don't know what they are Laughing) then back to Jo'Burg for the weekend and then four and a half days in the Kruger Park (game reserve) where we literally saw EVERYTHING except a cheetah which is like, just about impossible to do. It was nuts. I don't think we're ever likely to see so much in one go there again. Nuts. Then on the way back from the park we went via the Blyde River Canyon and God's Window which is the most beautiful place on earth, ever. Then back to Jo'Burg and then home :(
  • No I think Salt's countdown is for the vampire movie.  In response to the wizard movie countdown.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Someone GBCK'd?  Anybody that matters?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_oh-hi-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7c8033f9-a6bb-4713-8e70-b3eecc9e297dPost:303347d1-5afb-40af-913d-969d251a0f64">Re: Oh hi there!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Halloween troll day was kind of fun.  I think you missed that too.  P2 was full of awesome that day. 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

I was Sue Sylvester. And I responded in threads with Sue Sylvester quotes. It was fun.

Confession: I was also IsabellaMarieSwan. But Sue was just SO much more fun to be.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_oh-hi-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7c8033f9-a6bb-4713-8e70-b3eecc9e297dPost:f295e61a-5fbf-4411-97b3-7e9f92f51608">Re: Oh hi there!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Someone GBCK'd?  Anybody that matters?
    Posted by arbolita[/QUOTE]

Haha is it ever?  I had never heard of her though.

<a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_disappointed-2">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_disappointed-2</a>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • It sounds amaaaaazing just from a tourist point of view, plus of course you've got people there and that connection of it being home. Glad you had such a great trip :)
  • DOes it count as a GBCK if you've never really posted before?

She's more cut out for wedding wire, I think.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Oh I lie, we also went to a couple of wineries in Stellenbosche and Paarl in the Cape before we went back to Jo'Burg. And somehow ended up shipping cases of wine home. We went a bit overboard in our tastings. Oops.
  • Welcome back Alix! Your trip sounds amazing!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards