Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

S/O Poll - Shoes

I have 6 pairs of shoes. 6! I feel abnormal because it seems like so many women have oodles of shoes. As of last year, I had 4 but because I bought 2 pair for wedding-related events, that increased the collection to 6.

Re: S/O Poll - Shoes

• Options
    I am a shoe hoar. I need shoe hoars anonymous. I have easily over 100 pairs. Its an unhealthy obsession.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I think Alix will scoff at your poll.. She might call fifty pairs of shoes "adorable" or something. Wink
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    Wow, 100 Mags!?? I can't justify spending that much money on shoes, but I guess when you love something you love something, right? :)

Mery - I thought about adding more options, but to me 50 is so many!
  • Options
    Oh, I kind of have a handbag addiction, but I do clean those out on occasion, and donate about 10 to goodwill. I'm working on getting nice shoes next, I only have a few "nice" pairs.

FMIL once told FI he should have lived with her at home longer, so he could afford nice things like his sister, who is almost 33 and lives at home voluntarily. 1) Screw you, he moved to California to be with me and 2) I'd rather have my own apartment than a few pairs of Jimmy Choos.  (And also, we do have nice things - some of my nicer handbags were presents from FI.)
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    just counted. 67 pairs, with a pair of boots on the way (ordered them last night). and about 10 pairs of shoes on my list of "I want."

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    I suddenly want more shoes. Anyone else?
  • Options
    of course roxy! zappos!

• Options
    ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    I want to know how many pairs Sascha has!

And I have no desire for more shoes. If I could go buy any pair, I'd probably get a pair of brown flats or something.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7dc03dc5-ca40-4267-9cda-a42e49b7e935Post:95cdd57e-1140-4c62-b75f-9cdd165faa8f">Re: S/O Poll - Shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think Alix will scoff at your poll.. She might call fifty pairs of shoes "adorable" or something. 
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

I looked at the poll and went "what? there's not even a 100+ option?"

I do not know how many I own offhand, though at last count it was somewhere around 260+ including flip flops and boots (which I store separately to shoes as the boxes are larger - I have a system...).
  • Options
    I know when I was 8 I had about 60 pairs of shoes. What I wouldn't give to have those all back now. I love shoes (I'm not so much a purse fan) but I have a really hard time spending money on them. I'd rather spend money on a dress or jeans
  • Options
    alix, describe said system. or post a pic of your system.

• Options
    Right now I have about 10.  I used to have many more, but I've culled my collection considerably.  They were old, worn out, didn't fit right, hurt, out of style, ect.  I'm making room for a much nicer collection, which I can only do a few pairs a year at the moment.  What I have now I wear often and take excellent care of them so they last as long as I can get them to.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7dc03dc5-ca40-4267-9cda-a42e49b7e935Post:b99b69e4-8d37-497c-aa17-f7c0100fdf2b">Re: S/O Poll - Shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want to know how many pairs Sascha has!
    Posted by ggmae[/QUOTE]

Ditto, and pics would be better!
  • Options
    Yes Alix, I want to see your closet.
  • Options
    Shoes on sale = my addiction.
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Options
    I don't have my BB so I can't take a photo, I'm mourning it until wednesday, when I can finally retrieve it from my parents place.

I have shelving units in the storage room... well, the storage room is shelving units... and my shoes are organized by type. So I have stiletto pumps together, then sorted by colour, peeptoe stillettoes together, sorted by color, wedges together, sorted by colour. Then it goes into sandals and the same categories, then I have a pitiful little shelf for flats and then boots are all in the furnace room sorted again by heel height, shaft height, colour etc.

It helped that I worked in shoes, I stole their sorting system and implemented it at home.
  • Options
    Alix - What I want to know is HOW you choose which shoes to wear each day. I have worn the same pair of boots to work since November. Choices stress me out.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7dc03dc5-ca40-4267-9cda-a42e49b7e935Post:c82c6975-47d2-4f6f-953f-ba1ffa7b2084">Re: S/O Poll - Shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have my BB so I can't take a photo, I'm mourning it until wednesday, when I can finally retrieve it from my parents place. I have shelving units in the storage room... well, the storage room is shelving units... and my shoes are organized by type. So I have stiletto pumps together, then sorted by colour, peeptoe stillettoes together, sorted by color, wedges together, sorted by colour. Then it goes into sandals and the same categories, then I have a pitiful little shelf for flats and then boots are all in the furnace room sorted again by heel height, shaft height, colour etc. It helped that I worked in shoes, I stole their sorting system and implemented it at home.
    Posted by alixzafiris[/QUOTE]

This makes me feel happy. I love organization, and organization paired with shoes....ahh.
  • Options
    I work from home mostly so if I'm picking shoes, it's because I'm going out for non-work purposes, in which case it generally takes me about an hour of standing in front of my closets at any rate ;)

Roxy I'm hardcore OCD about organization, it drives people mental.
  • Options
    *drool*

• Options
    Yea, I'm nuts about organizing. I love it though. I drive the girls at work nuts because I'm always throwing out old stuff and straightening their desks.
    I actually wish I was more like Monk, I'd like to be that much of a neat freak.
  • Options
    I'm the same way Alix, I must have things organized and neat.  I used to work at a shoe dept so I adapted their system for my needs.  Now, I don't have much to organize, but when I do, I have it all laid out in my head.  Enough so that I have a shopping list in my head and everything has it's imaginary place in my head.  Now I just need some real money and real square footage to make it all happen!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7dc03dc5-ca40-4267-9cda-a42e49b7e935Post:516b9d22-7b06-4f53-b90b-65daccb3de5f">Re: S/O Poll - Shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yea, I'm nuts about organizing. I love it though. I drive the girls at work nuts because I'm always throwing out old stuff and straightening their desks. I actually wish I was more like Monk, I'd like to be that much of a neat freak.
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]

I'm literally like two steps away from being at his level. Things on surfaces MUST be symmetrical. I do not do knick-knacks. I'll have a coronary if there's a dust bunny or ball of cat fur. Literally, I'll spazz. It's bad.
  • Options
    Mocha- have you ever posted a picture of yourself? I know this is random but I can't picture you..
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7dc03dc5-ca40-4267-9cda-a42e49b7e935Post:23f09265-544c-4c90-9f77-898e294fe21f">Re: S/O Poll - Shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: S/O Poll - Shoes : I'm literally like two steps away from being at his level. Things on surfaces MUST be symmetrical. I do not do knick-knacks. I'll have a coronary if there's a dust bunny or ball of cat fur. Literally, I'll spazz. It's bad.
    Posted by alixzafiris[/QUOTE]
    See, I envy this. I know thats weird but while I keep things very cleaned and organized I was I was more driven to keep it cleaner. Like right now I have my cup and plate beside me, a few dishes in the sink and a bag of chips on the counter. I wish I was so anal that I wouldn't be able to stand this. I know, Its weird.
    I don't really do knick-knacks either. I have a bud vase on my coffee table and a pewter vase on my bookcase but thats about it.
  • Options
    Yeah I can't do that. Bag of chips: sealed with a clothespin and stored in the pantry. Dishes all washed, dried and put away immediately after dinner.

Honestly, it sounds good but it's not. It gets worse and worse with time. I'm going to be living in a barren white box by the time I'm a senior ;)
  • Options
    Yes, my mom reminds me that it would get annoying. She is a super anal neat freak and every day I get more and more like her. She would never have things lying out either. I think I have that anal-ness I'm just too lazy to act upon it
  • Options
    I would love to show off my shoe collection!!  Hold on....I shall go take inventory and take pics! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yay Sascha! I'll stay up for this..
    I was hoping you would have shown up in my show me your house poll yesterday because I know one time you posted pics and I loooved your house.
  • Options
    I didn't see that one Roxy!  Thanks:)

So I guess I only have about 60 pairs of heels or dressy flats.  I also have 9  pairs of sneakers and about 15 pairs of Havaianas in a basket by the door.

Can I AW my designer collection?
    11 Manolo Blahniks, 4 Christian Louboutins, 3 Marc Jacobs, 3 Dior, 3 Prada, 3 Sergio Rossi, 3 Gucci, and one each of Giuseppe Zanotti, Roberto Cavalli, Valentino, Chloe, Dolce and Gabbana, Tory Burch and Chanel. 

Now I need to go photograph it!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards