New York-New York City
Options

NYC Rental Companies

Hi everyone - please help! Looking for suggestions for rental companies in NYC (tables, chairs, flatware, glassware, linens, etc., etc. for a wedding in a raw gallery space. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Re: NYC Rental Companies

• Options
    positivelypositively member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Many caterers will supply or recommend all of those items.  Have you checked with your caterer?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's for my sis. She doesn't have a caterer. In VERY beginning stages of planning and just trying to figure out in general what they want to do. A lot will be determined by cost. We're trying to figure out 1. what city to hold the wedding in; and 2. if they should go for a restaurant/full service venue or a more DIY raw space kinda deal.

Obviously NYC is just about the most expensive place one could have a wedding... But we're trying to get some price comparisons between NY and a couple other places just to see what the differential is. So any help anyone could offer would be amazing.

Even a great caterer you're working with who does all those rentals so we can see what the options are? Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    ECook25ECook25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Party Rental Ltd. is the one that I feel like everyone uses.  No idea where they fall on the cheap/expensive scale, but you can reach out to them and get some estimates.

Raw spaces carry large costs, in my experience.  You have to bring in EVERYTHING, sometimes even cooking equipment, sanitation equipment.  It might be more economical to go with a venue that has equipment and rentals already.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    westside party rental
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rentals will generally cost anywhere from $40 - $70 per guest - includes tables/chairs/linens/serviceware/china/etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for this super helpful info, ladies! I have no doubt that filling a raw space must be just about the most expensive way to go... But my sister wants to get some estimates and break it all down so she can demonstrate to her fiance what things cost in the real world. He seems to be in a bit of a la-la land when it comes to this stuff...  Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Classic Party Rentals is great and so is Broadway Party Rentals. Look into them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am looking into using Premier Party Rentals, Inc. I heard really good reviews about them, so you should look into them!
  • Options
    drevildrevil member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i used party rental ltd for my sister's sweet 16 in bklyn but this was in 2006.  at the time, they gave me different pricing for brooklyn than they had for manhattan so they were very well priced.  but i think last time i called for my other sister's shower, they had a minimum order amount that we couldn't fill so we didn't use them.  we used another bklyn based rental company that i would not recommend.  the chairs delivered were awful as compared to the really nice ones we had gotten from party rental ltd in the past.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards