Wedding Etiquette Forum

3 Complaints.

Re: 3 Complaints.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_3-complaints?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e9fb883-41a9-476c-ac46-9a97b7e76d51Post:31faaff7-8814-483f-8d94-a890527d7cb3">Re: 3 Complaints.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 Complaints. : Bra =/= naked.  At all.  I would walk around in a bra and underwear in front of my friends, but not naked naked.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

Ha yeah, sorry. I'm a naked naked person. I have a friend who won't even let other people see her in her bra. I find that odd. But I was also an athlete when I was younger and I guess I just got used to changing in random places with other people.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_3-complaints?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e9fb883-41a9-476c-ac46-9a97b7e76d51Post:64e6de43-5c34-41d9-969a-231eba15d7aa">Re: 3 Complaints.</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.My first pregnancy I didn't look pregnant until 7 months. 7 f'in months. I was hit on at a party at 8 months, wearing one of those Old Navy performance fleece sweaters, and the sober guy had NO CLUE I was pregnant. So I totally feel your pain! 2.I wouldn't have been able to deal with that. at all. I would've made Fi run out and buy a darn ladder LOL. 3. Incompetence sucks. ------ I'm annoyed at the etsy lady whose supposed to be doing my flowers because she's taking FOREVER to respond.  <strong>I'm annoyed at my month board for implying I don't trust my FI because I think strippers are...disrespectful.</strong> I'm sick and tired of this rainy weather!
    Posted by Ghoti[/QUOTE]

I understood exactly what you were saying... and didn't want to get into that thread at all so I didn't post.  Sorry - I've got your back though!! 
    imageAnniversary
  • Until we had a dog that cared about the smoke alarm beeping, we would let it go on for way too long.  Ours have always been in weird places though, like put a ladder on the stairs to reach, weird.
  • annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    My phone at work keeps ringing and when I pick up I just hear beeping. I don't know if it's my fault or the phone's fault. After working here since September I'm still not 100% on how the phones workEmbarassed
  • I <3 Shannon... but I'm a little askeered of her right now. I feel like she's going to throw shoes at me.
  • 1) I am still at work.  This is unacceptable.  4:30, hurry up.

2) I think my boss sends pointless e-mails just to look "busy." It's very annoying, stupid & I see through it, Mr. Lazy Boss.  STOP IT

3) I'm sick of rain.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_3-complaints?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e9fb883-41a9-476c-ac46-9a97b7e76d51Post:aed6a000-0e70-46b1-b8b2-2b34e43cb8df">Re: 3 Complaints.</a>:
    [QUOTE]1) I waited over an hour to be seen for my appointment today 2) I have a caffeine headache 3) <strong>I meant to get iced tea out of the vending machine but pressed ginger ale instead
    </strong>Posted by mandapanda78[/QUOTE]

I love ginger ale.

Love.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm pretty sure that I always feel better when someone says I'm pretty. Tiki, I called you Pretty, Manda confirmed. You shoud feel better now. NOW.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_3-complaints?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e9fb883-41a9-476c-ac46-9a97b7e76d51Post:71a00357-5172-4d27-b199-4978444fcba6">Re: 3 Complaints.</a>:
    [QUOTE]KiKi, when I was pregnant with my son, I didn't show until I was 6 months. With my daughter, I showed at about 3. It really depends. Just wait until you do start showing and people try to touch you. Maybe it's a good thing. ETA. and that beeping would have driven me CRAY CRAY! I would have gotten a broom and knocked it off the ceiling!!
    Posted by scottswife1106[/QUOTE]

I'm with Scott's Wife. You'd be even more pissy if strangers tried to touch your belly in public, so it's a blessing in disguise!!
  • I know I am pretty scary. And damn I sure did have a lot to complain about. Sorry Embarassed
  • Thanks guys (especially LDY and manda ;) hehe)!  I think I just feel weirder about other people's expectations that I look pregnant, if that makes sense. 

I bought maternity shorts/capris for my vacation at the end of June- I better have a bump by then, damnit!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_3-complaints?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e9fb883-41a9-476c-ac46-9a97b7e76d51Post:bf114337-ba32-40ff-8a6c-74100a52e162">Re: 3 Complaints.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 Complaints. : I'm with Scott's Wife. You'd be even more pissy if strangers tried to touch your belly in public, so it's a blessing in disguise!!
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]

People do this?  WTH?  I'd be inclined to knock someone out if a stranger came up and started touching me!
    imageAnniversary
  • I can't tell what's posted when, so I will say: Pink, that's absolutely horrible and I feel like I'm going to cry reading that.

I'm still at work, highly unmotivated though I know I'll be drowning in a week.

I have 3.5 weeks until the wedding and I feel like I'm not going to be anything near ready.

I have a sore throat and maybe an earache.
  • Sorry, I would be annoyed at not showing too.  Because I'll be the girl shopping at Mimi Maternity the day she gets a postive test.  That's just my way.

Hmm...three things...

1)  My new job is too sales-y and I'm just not that good at it.  It's frustrating, but at least I'm in the general field I want to be in and I'll try to move to a different school eventually.

2)  There are too many books on my Wishlist and I wish I could buy them all right.now.

3)  I feel like everyone I know is KU right now and I don't even necessarily 100% want a baby right this second, I just wish I could if I did.  But I can't.  Financially, anyway.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • I once destroyed a fire alarm in the middle of the night because it was beeping and driving me INSANE and I just couldn't take it anymore.  Legit took a broom and smashed the crap out of it.  It even woke FI up and he was like WTF?! 

I'm a crazy person if you mess with my sleep
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • And yes Kiki- very pretty :) I am sure in 3 months the complaint will be the belly touchers so enjoy your time :)
  • You guys know I will sock someone if they try to touch my belly.  I might end up in jail.

I think I was only able to ignore the smoke alarm last night because I was sooo exhausted after the game.  I just put in earplugs and passed out.  It annoyed me this morning, though.  Maintenance is coming to change it today, thank god.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_3-complaints?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e9fb883-41a9-476c-ac46-9a97b7e76d51Post:29d6cc7d-616f-4fcb-9b10-b3a89904fcfb">Re: 3 Complaints.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks guys (especially LDY and manda ;) hehe)!  I think I just feel weirder about other people's expectations that I look pregnant, if that makes sense.  I bought maternity shorts/capris for my vacation at the end of June- I better have a bump by then, damnit!
    Posted by RobotLegs[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping I have at least some shadow of a bump by July or else I'll just have to stick my belly out when we go on vacation. Otherwise I'll just look like a fatty in my bathing suit, as opposed to a KU fatty.
  • TR, I'm with you on complaints 2 and 3.  I have way too many books I want to read at the moment and I want to buy them NOW. 

And I really want a baby...but not until after Mexico.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Oh God, Pink, the RAIN.  It's killing me.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_3-complaints?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e9fb883-41a9-476c-ac46-9a97b7e76d51Post:64e6de43-5c34-41d9-969a-231eba15d7aa">Re: 3 Complaints.</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.My first pregnancy I didn't look pregnant until 7 months. 7 f'in months. I was hit on at a party at 8 months, wearing one of those Old Navy performance fleece sweaters, and the sober guy had NO CLUE I was pregnant. So I totally feel your pain! 2.I wouldn't have been able to deal with that. at all. I would've made Fi run out and buy a darn ladder LOL. 3. Incompetence sucks. ------ I'm annoyed at the etsy lady whose supposed to be doing my flowers because she's taking FOREVER to respond.  <strong>I'm annoyed at my month board for implying I don't trust my FI because I think strippers are...disrespectful.</strong> I'm sick and tired of this rainy weather!
    Posted by Ghoti[/QUOTE]

Just going off of this, I'm totally on your side about that. Luckily my FI feels the same way about strippers. Just his BM we have to worry about, although he has stopped talking about having them at his b-party...finally. I trust he will respect FI's wishes.
  • georgiabride: Congrats on the pregnancy! That is so exciting :)
  • I do the same thing LDY.  I touch bellies all I want if you're my bestie.  That's my rule.  Strangers touching bellies is real weird.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    I have a ton of books on my wish list that I can't afford too.

And we are years and years away from being financially ready to TTC or buy a house. A lot of my friends have been able to acomplish on or the other (mostly buying houses) and I feel like a slacker or something. I really hope when we start looking for a new apartment we can at least afford one with windows (ie not in a creepy basement).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_3-complaints?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e9fb883-41a9-476c-ac46-9a97b7e76d51Post:ba8b532a-01c9-44de-88c4-4b0dc3cf0edc">Re: 3 Complaints.</a>:
    [QUOTE]georgiabride: Congrats on the pregnancy! That is so exciting :)
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Missy!!
  • LDYGTR13LDYGTR13 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    Exactly. You love me, we're buds. SUCK IT UP.

Oh and I should add: I'm a naked friend. I don't care if you see me nekkid. I'm not hiding in a bathroom or closet so you don't see me in my bra. You'll be okay. lol. I have no boundaries when it comes to my best friends lol. I'm sure they appreciate it, ha.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_3-complaints?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e9fb883-41a9-476c-ac46-9a97b7e76d51Post:ba8b532a-01c9-44de-88c4-4b0dc3cf0edc">Re: 3 Complaints.</a>:
    [QUOTE]georgiabride: Congrats on the pregnancy! That is so exciting :)
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

I was going to say the same! 
    Anniversary
  • Georgia, you'd better get to eating grits daily so that kid gets good food from the start.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards