Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Invitation questions

Does my name have to go first on the invitations? I think it would look better if his name went first.

We will most likely be paying for the wedding completely by ourselves. We are only inviting our parents, siblings, and their spouses. Should we still put "together with their families" on the invitations?

Re: Invitation questions

• Options
    Does anyone know how I can remove my location from under my name?
  • Options
    You could do something like: Banana And FI Request the pleasure of your company Etc, etc. This puts your names at the top as the hosts. CMGr will probably have better wording when she sees this, but you get the idea.
  • Options
    EK2013EK2013 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_invitation-questions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:812f71e6-3dec-4145-9e74-0fb27a37846cPost:927a803a-6abb-4c82-a9d0-485430da3cb1">Re: Invitation questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone know how I can remove my location from under my name?
    Posted by BananaPancakes4[/QUOTE]

<div>The location means you said you live or are getting married there. So just indicate on your profile that you're not affiliated with that location or pick a different location if your profile won't let you.</div>
  • Options
    I have never seen an invite where the brides name doesnt go first. I think its because "traditionally" the brides parents pay for everything...but these days when most couples are paying for their own weddings, its the bride whos putting in the most leg work, right ;)

I digress. Its your wedding, do what you guys want to do!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards