New York-New York City
Options

Hotel block rates

HI! My FI and I are getting married in NYC next May, with most all guests from OOT. We're getting married in Midtown Manhattan, reception most likely in Brooklyn.  Does anyone have experience with hotel blocks in Manhattan? (since most guests are flying in from abroad, I'd like the blocks to be in Manhattan, not outer boroughs).

Any recommendations? What type of rates would I be looking at? I'd like to keep some budget-friendly options for my guests, but I know that Manhattan isn't exactly budget-friendly by nature. 

Re: Hotel block rates

• Options
    krusso24krusso24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try www.hotelplanner.com--I'm also getting married in midtown and they were super helpful...
    Soon-to-be Mrs. C

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    whitts79whitts79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a block at the Hilton Garden Inn and then we had an insert with our invites that had other recommendations for guests that wanted different price ranges. A lot of H's family stayed at the Cosmopolitan Hotel and I know they got great prices. I just don't think they do blocks since they're a boutique hotel.

By the way, these hotels are both downtown (I got married in Tribeca) but might still work if you're doing your reception in Brooklyn.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got a block at the new Eventi Hotel in Chelsea. It is a Kimpton Hotel and the rooms are spacious and have nice natural light. 
  • Options
    kklumper1kklumper1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was able to get the following, although we are getting married in Oct

Hotel indigo - chelsea - $238/night
    Hotel Millenium - financial district - $209/night
    Hilton NY - midtown - $250/night

The other one we considered but was too close to port authority for us - was Distrikt.

Good luck!
  • Options
    inloveinbkinloveinbk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked a block of hotels in Brooklyn, and the advice was to BARGAIN, and it worked!  I liked one hotel better than another, but it was slightly more expensive.  The first time I spoke to them, they said that was as low as they could go.  However, I called them back after seeing the hotel, and another nearby, and said, "I love your hotel, but X hotel is X rate" And they said they could match it!  Woohooo!
  • Options
    Hello I got a block of room for my guests at W New York for $179/night
  • Options
    TrammerTrammer member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    ZDBonneyZDBonney member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2013
    March 29-31 2014...also try aloft in Brooklyn
  • Options
    See below
  • Options
    I am getting married in October on the UWS and I am seeing prices from $250 and up. Any recs for hotels close to Riverside Drive?
  • Options
    megp922 said:
    I am getting married in October on the UWS and I am seeing prices from $250 and up. Any recs for hotels close to Riverside Drive?
    any chance you're getting married at riverside church? just wondering, cause we are! we have a room block at the hotel belleclaire on 77th and broadway. there were almost no hotels north of 81st st.
  • Options
    Yes! I am! What month are you getting married? We are October. 
  • Options
    I'm getting married at Riverside Church too! I have a block of rooms at the W and Aloft Harlem-both less than $179/night.
  • Options
    I'm getting married in March..yay!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards