Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Superstitious OOTD (Friday the 13th Edition)

You kids better be happy I didn't throw on a work polo and sneakers. I'm basically dead to the world today. I tried to look semi decent. The 7 year old I babysit picked out my shoes and necklace today. I luff her.

Off to drink a few pots of coffee.

Re: Superstitious OOTD (Friday the 13th Edition)

• Options
    Haha, Anna, sundress and cardigan is practically my uniform for going out!  I normally do wear sandals, though, and I'm in a heels-y kind of mood.  At least I have all day to wear H down. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    I had a great dream where I couldn't remember if it was Friday or Saturday.  In the dream it was Saturday.  In real life, it's Friday.  :(
    White Knot Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_superstitious-ootd-friday-13th-edition?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:823b46c3-2b5c-4da6-bdbb-132f1fc2aa38Post:dd0a2807-f5ba-48f7-9151-c8086b67f29d">Re: Superstitious OOTD (Friday the 13th Edition)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Meg I'd rather it be Friday so you can still enjoy Friday night and all of Saturday than to have it be Saturday already.
    Posted by bree4305[/QUOTE]

Very true! 
  • Options
    OK, I need help.  This isn't what I'm wearing today, but I'm going out tomorrow for a bachelorette party.  What do you think of this outfit? 
    Sweater open:

Sweater closed:

Or should I scrap the whole thing and get H to buy me something tonight (yay for payday!)? 

• Options
    Sweater open.
  • Options
    annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    Here's this weeks edition of "Anna still can't figure out what to wear on Fridays even though she's been at her job for 8 months"

• Options
    Sweater open. 

I really need to be carrying a camera with me - I have a cheapo phone that only makes/receives calls and texts.  I am so pathetic.

You look fabulously awesome as usual LDY. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    Adamar, I like the sweater open.
  • Options
    Definitely sweater open - but I'm also a fan of requesting a new outfit. I'm all for new clothes.

Anna - would you like for me to "apply" for a job where you work and have that be my only question? "I dont know if I want this job or not, it's all based on if you have casual fridays or not. What do you consider casual? I need to know" and then I can pass on the information. I like that dress BTW!!
  • Options
    Adamar...something about those shoes is throwing the outfit off for me. Are you going "OUT" to where like...sandals wouldn't be good? I think it's that they're looking too nice to be paired with a tye dye dress lol.
  • Options
    LDY- your shoes are adorable!

Adamar- sweater open for sure

Anna- you always have the cutest dresses!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    Haha, LDY, yes that would be awesome, thanks.

We actually do have casual Fridays, just not every week. And sometimes on days that aren't Friday. Basically whenever the big boss is out of town we can dress down, but his plans sometimes change at the last minute and I'm really bad at remembering to check his schedule.
  • Options
    We're going to a nice dinner and then a piano bar.  I'm just not sure about the whole outfit.  I want to wear heels, so maybe I'll make H buy me some jeans that look good with heels (none of mine do) and a nice top?  I thought maybe adding some fun jewelry would bring the outfit together, but I don't know.

• Options
    Everyone looks cute.  Casual friday here (hell, every day is wear what I want day)

I am wearing this: 

with my blingy butt jeans: (my butt looks very distorted.  Self pictures of ass... hmmm)

and my fav gladiators:

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    Adamar, you live in Florida. A cute sundress and cardigan is always appropriate. But if you think you can get some cute new jeans out of the deal I guess that's always good.
  • Options
    Herrro everyone! It is FINALLY Friday. FINALLY. I was so busy yesterday I hardly had time to knot, that is not fair. :)

Loose fitting top

Jeans and shoes

Close up of my wonderful headband

Necklace

• Options
    adamar - I like the sweater open, but I'm always down for new clothes.  And jeans that go with heels is a staple in my closet.
  • Options

I just got the green light for new clothes.  Now I just need the work day to be over.

• Options
    Habs - love how your shoes match your blingy butt............looks very sexy........
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Habs2HartHabs2Hart member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_superstitious-ootd-friday-13th-edition?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:823b46c3-2b5c-4da6-bdbb-132f1fc2aa38Post:9e832ba1-7b74-4e14-8663-dcfef210f1a3">Re: Superstitious OOTD (Friday the 13th Edition)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Habs - love how your shoes match your blingy butt............looks very sexy........
    Posted by AbbeyS2011[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  My shoes actually aren't blingy though.  They are just snake print grey/black/cream.
  • Options
    I tried to take a picture of my outfit (berry colored sweater and jeans), but it didn't look right.  Or else it just looks bad.  Maybe both?

Anyway, here are my cute, comfy ballet flats.

• Options
    Shannyn I LOVE your headband!!! 

Habs, you look freaking fabulous! I haven't figured out how to pull off a scarf yet..

Matts, where did you get those shoes? I'm so in the market for some actually comfy ballet flats!
  • Options
    Ghoti - I got them at Macys.  They are rocketdog.

I had some really comfy ones from Blowfish.  But I just got another pair from there and they are rubbing my baby toes the wrong way.  BOO!!  I think it's the style that I got.
  • Options
    aww yay you ladies all look so snazzy! I on the other hand am rocking the day 3 unwashed hair in a baseball hat with sweatpants, since i'm just going to school for an hour to write a midterm and hit the gym.
  • Options
    I just grabbed two AWESOME Mlle Gabrielle sundresses at the Beall's outlet this week for $15 each...great print and embroidery!  I think the tie dye is what is throwing your 'out' fit off...it lends itself to a much more casual feel than I think you may be going for.    Don't get me wrong -- I LOVE tie dye...actually going to use tie dye at our wedding party...
    The outfit is really cute, but it depends on where/how fancy the place is...then again, we are in FL where Flip Flops are work appropriate if they are fancy:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards