Wedding Etiquette Forum

Weekend Recap: Yay/Nay

Yay: I saw FI for two days this weekend. 
I finally got Gil settled back in the apartment from his hospital stint
Got my chocolate cake fix thanks to Portillo's
Spartans won
Bought my nieces and nephew their Christmas gifts :)

Nay:  I won't see FI until Thanksgiving
GRE practice test I just took did not go so well
I take the GRE Friday and feel unprepared
Tomorrow is Monday which means I have a boring, three hour class to sit through
Updated 1/17/11 imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Weekend Recap: Yay/Nay

• Glad your cat is doing better. 

Yay: I ate a lot of very tasty junk food.
    I talked to lots of family and friends as they checked in on me.
    I got good sleep having the whole bed to my self (and the dog)
    I got to Skype and email H way more than I expected, since I expected not at all
    I kicked H's ass in Fantay this week

Nay: I said goodbye to H for 5 months
    I didn't accomplish a single thing other than lay on the couch
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Skype is so great!  I hope you get frequent chances to talk to him more while he is away.
    It's nice to have the bed all to yourself sometimes, I always sprawl out and take all the covers :)
    You deserved a relaxing weekend!
    FI is obsessed with fantasy football....he kept checking his phone every 2 minutes to see his updated score. 

• Haha H and I are obsessed too.  We are in a league back home with his friends, and this is my 2nd year in it, and I'm the only girl.  I came in 2nd place last year, which killed all the guys.  My team sucks this year though.

Yeah Skype is one of my favorite things.  Do you and your FI  skype?  Its funny because H and I were a LDR until we got married, and both had laptops iwth webcams, but never once used it.  Now that we moved we call people all the time on it.  Unfortunately he won't be able to skype from the ship, but I'll settle for email.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • We don't use Skype, but we web chat from time to time.  Usually we communicate by phone calls or text messaging, but it's always nice to see each others faces and wave when we are hundreds of miles away.  I actually just got Skype and I really enjoy it!
  • Yeah, 90% of our conversing was done via texts while we were LDR.  But basically we would text all day everyday during the weeks.  That sounds bad actually.  We were both working, so we would always text and then answer when we could and what not.  But we definitely always talked.  And then we would only call eachother at night before bed to talk for a few minutes and say goodnight.

So where does your FI live?  Will you be LDR until your wedding?  Will you live together after the wedding?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited November 2010
    Yay:
    I read a book
    H finished hooking up the sink in the spare bath.  Now have one fully functioning bathroom
    Nay:
    I had to work Sunday
    H started stripping the sealer off the slate in our bathroom.  It's not going as planned...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_weekend-recap-yaynay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8423b791-ee45-42e9-a9c9-d7f3287391fcPost:8c111737-88bc-4e5c-ad28-2afd2499ecab">Re: Weekend Recap: Yay/Nay</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay: I read a book H finished hooking up the sink in the spare bath. <strong> Now have one fully functioning bathroom</strong> Nay: I had to work Sunday H started stripping the sealer off the slate in our bathroom.  It's not going as planned...
    Posted by aMrsin09[/QUOTE]

I second this yay for you!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • And of course he started the floor stripping at the start of the "I work from Nov 3-21 without a day off" stretch. 
    While it's great because he gets paid by the day, it does nothing to help move the stripping process along.

• So where does your FI live?  Michigan
    Will you be LDR until your wedding?  No, I'm moving back to MI after I graduate in May.
    Will you live together after the wedding? Yes :)
  • That stinks.  Just try and remind yourself how great it will all look when its done!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I know I can't wait!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_weekend-recap-yaynay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8423b791-ee45-42e9-a9c9-d7f3287391fcPost:6571b7a7-fad5-46c9-87bc-e5afc6b0ebdf">Re: Weekend Recap: Yay/Nay</a>:
    [QUOTE]That stinks.  Just try and remind yourself how great it will all look when its done!
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]
    I wish I could convey how little I care right now. I have so much more on my mind.

It needs to be done, but he only started it because it was killing him to have the new vanity sitting downstairs and not installed.  In order to install it, the floor needed to be stripped.

Projects must just be the way that H deals with stress.  But it's awfully nice when he actually finishes them too ;-)

Psych, have you set a date yet?  What happened to Gil?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_weekend-recap-yaynay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8423b791-ee45-42e9-a9c9-d7f3287391fcPost:15f7c104-abb7-4227-af68-81ccaf220b34">Re: Weekend Recap: Yay/Nay</a>:
    [QUOTE]So where does your FI live?  Michigan Will you be LDR until your wedding?  No, I'm moving back to MI after I graduate in May. Will you live together after the wedding? Yes :)
    Posted by PsyDet 2155[/QUOTE]

Thats great that you will be living in the same city again.  Our LDR wasn't too bad because it was just a little over 2 hours.  And I could have moved to him a few months before the wedding since I was laid off, but the wedding was in our hometown so it was easier to be there for apppointments and stuff.  Plus I wanted to spend the time with my family before moving cross country. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_weekend-recap-yaynay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8423b791-ee45-42e9-a9c9-d7f3287391fcPost:d6c44802-b93a-4d99-86e9-9c4496fa7ed8">Re: Weekend Recap: Yay/Nay</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weekend Recap: Yay/Nay : I wish I could convey how little I care right now. I have so much more on my mind. It needs to be done, but he only started it because it was killing him to have the new vanity sitting downstairs and not installed.  In order to install it, the floor needed to be stripped. Projects must just be the way that H deals with stress.  But it's awfully nice when he actually finishes them too ;-) Psych, have you set a date yet?  What happened to Gil?

Haha I get that.  Its funny to me the different things H and I focus on in our house.  We rent though so we don't even think about doing any remodeling.  I don't think I'd trust H to do any of it.  My dad though loves doing it and keeps telling me whenever I need something done I can fly him out here and he'll work for free.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • for the price of tradesmen out here, it would be cheaper for me to fly your dad here and privde room and board for two weeks.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_weekend-recap-yaynay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8423b791-ee45-42e9-a9c9-d7f3287391fcPost:a328a06f-b13a-4924-a4c0-6efe89b841a1">Re: Weekend Recap: Yay/Nay</a>:
    [QUOTE]for the price of tradesmen out here, it would be cheaper for me to fly your dad here and privde room and board for two weeks.

Wow, thats so crazy that its like that.  It doesn't seem possible.  Is this where you plan on living forever?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Ok I'm off to bed.  Goodnight ladies.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Our wedding date is 10/1/11

Gil got into some lilies (which are toxic to cats).  I had been hiding them in my closet because my sister's boyfriend bought them for her and she refused to throw them away.  Gil got ahold of a leaf and I saw him gnawing on it.  Lilies are very poisonous to cats so he was getting his kidneys flushed for 48 hours and observed to make sure his kidneys wouldn't fail.  Little stinker!
  • EXCUSE ME WHY WAS GIL IN THE HOSPITAL????

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Nugget: He got into some easter lilies which are toxic to cats.  He had to get his kidneys flushed because the toxin in the lilies cause kidney failure within 48 hours of ingestion.  We got very lucky.
  • *Prepares to send Gil a bouquet of catnip*

I'm glad he's okay.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_weekend-recap-yaynay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8423b791-ee45-42e9-a9c9-d7f3287391fcPost:81b7a2bc-3345-4f84-a154-15397bbe865c">Re: Weekend Recap: Yay/Nay</a>:
    [QUOTE]*Prepares to send Gil a bouquet of catnip* I'm glad he's okay.
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

Aww he loves catnip!  Me too!  I was such a wreck last week I couldn't even talk about it.  It was such a scare.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards