Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Is it evening yet?

Re: Is it evening yet?

• Options
    While it's true that I'm probably invincible right now (since Bay's stepping down), it's probably not a good idea for me to tell you what people complain to me about.  Sorry.  :)

• Options
    I fell asleep once on a plane and did the full-body twitch. The passenger next to me was startled and dropped his beverage. I tried to feel bad, but I had just been abruptly awakened, and then I was moist and Diet Coke-scented.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-evening-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:84743ca1-317b-469f-b03e-f0eb19b2b092Post:a6e6cf4e-b9f6-470c-880d-1a263698f30f">Re: Is it evening yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]While it's true that I'm probably invincible right now (since Bay's stepping down), it's probably not a good idea for me to tell you what people complain to me about.  Sorry.  :)
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

Damn.
  • Options
    Aw Bay is stepping down already? Why?
  • Options
    MUNI, what is there to contemplate about ice cream?

Chelsea, read the GM thread.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-evening-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:84743ca1-317b-469f-b03e-f0eb19b2b092Post:37d0e2da-26a7-4d39-a577-3c2998342e57">Re: Is it evening yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it evening yet? : Damn.
    Posted by goobersinlove[/QUOTE]
    Indeed.

I think I missed where bay stepped down.
  • Options
    At least it was Diet Coke, special.  If it was a regular soda, you'd be wet and sticky.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-evening-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:84743ca1-317b-469f-b03e-f0eb19b2b092Post:e432fabf-39ad-42db-85cc-9dabb86ecc08">Re: Is it evening yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]MUNI, what is there to contemplate about ice cream? Chelsea, read the GM thread.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

<div>The fact that I already ate some for dessert and want more.  and kind of need my wedding dress to still fit in less than five weeks.</div><div>
    </div><div>Odds are I'll give in though.</div>
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    LC for mod! haha. but really, that would be awesome.

I wish squirrly or opal could come back and mod again.
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    MS -- I was just trying to think who made me think most of squirrly or opal.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-evening-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:84743ca1-317b-469f-b03e-f0eb19b2b092Post:880b8db7-b8d7-4dad-b221-55e0f62d89d9">Re: Is it evening yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]At least it was Diet Coke, special.  If it was a regular soda, you'd be wet and sticky.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

<div>That sounds so dirty.</div>
  • Options
    I didn't know Bay was stepping down.  Good luck holding down the fort Mica :)
  • Options
    The one day I didn't read the GM thread.

Bay - if you are reading this ::HUGS::

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    chelseamb11chelseamb11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-evening-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:84743ca1-317b-469f-b03e-f0eb19b2b092Post:0c6456ad-fc4a-4c75-9fb7-264968510952">Re: Is it evening yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it evening yet? : That sounds so dirty.

I was thinking the same thing.. glad I'm not the only one ;)
  • Options
    I think Duds makes a great mod but she kind of already has her hands full with other boards I think.
  • Options
    Duds is pretty awesome.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I just read about bay, too. If you're reading this bay, big hugs to you!

I have a thought about the mod position. I have no clue whether she'd want it, but I bet edie would make a good mod. Seems like she'd be even-handed.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-evening-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:84743ca1-317b-469f-b03e-f0eb19b2b092Post:70015966-1d85-4cfa-a2b5-42cb6e488bd2">Re: Is it evening yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Duds is pretty awesome.
    agreed, she gives the best advice
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-evening-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:84743ca1-317b-469f-b03e-f0eb19b2b092Post:165c485d-381c-47f4-a316-5d78233365f1">Re: Is it evening yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it evening yet? : I was thinking the same thing.. glad I'm not the only one ;)
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

<div>Perv.</div>
  • Options
    I agree Duds is always spot on.
  • Options
    Aw :( I never read the morning threads so I totally missed that.

Sorry to hear bay! <3
  • Options
    I am currently drafting a letter for J because his school is full of bullshit bureaucracy and isn't approving his transfer credit for the "freshman writing" requirement, which if not approved, would delay his graduation an entire semester to make him retake freshman writing. Such assholes. We're appealing to the president of the university.
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I'm kind of down today because I had to bring Westley to the vet. He has been limping, and the vet thinks he might have some knee condition Papillons are prone to. If that's the case, he'll need surgery. I have to bring him back in the morning for x-rays :(
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Aw Bay, if you're reading this, hugs and prayers your way!!!

Mica, YGPM.
  • Options
    Aw, sorry to hear that, raes. I know how stressful and upsetting that can be, since I had to send Tory into joint surgery at a very young age. I hope for the best for you and Westley!
  • Options
    Poor Westley. Doggie hugs!
  • Options
    So sad Raes - hope he's okay and doesn't need surgery.

MuSu - My dad called a whole mess of people at my university when I didn't get into my capstone class my last semester.  They tried to tell me all capstones that would apply to my major were full and they weren't opening up any more sessions that semester.  My dad went apeshit about how they couldn't delay my graduation or expect to receive a whole nother semesters worth of tuition and fees due to their poor planning and not having enough capstone classes offered.  (I knew a few others that happened too also) I'm not sure what he did but within 24 hours they'd found a space in a class that would work for me.
  • Options
  • Options
    Forgive my ignorance, but what is a capstone class? I am not required to take one.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-evening-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:84743ca1-317b-469f-b03e-f0eb19b2b092Post:2397b8bd-df26-4922-bf0e-036d59909576">Re: Is it evening yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone! I'm kind of down today because I had to bring Westley to the vet. He has been limping, and the vet thinks he might have some knee condition Papillons are prone to. If that's the case, he'll need surgery. I have to bring him back in the morning for x-rays :(
    Posted by raes19[/QUOTE]

poor puppy.  Hope he feels well soon.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards