New York-New York City

Small wedding ideas for NYC

I would love to have a small wedding. I would love for the max. number to be 20, but we might make it to 30. I'm not looking for anything too expensive, just a small, fun affair. Any ideas?

Re: Small wedding ideas for NYC

• edited December 2011
    We had a wedding with 23 people and it was amazing.  We went to the Marriage Bureau in Manhattan to get married, took a bus around the city with everyone to take pics and then had a great dinner reception at Salt in SoHo. 

There are plenty of other options, though.  You could get married at Central Park (or one of the other parks), get married in a restaurant and then have a dinner, etc. 
  • nycbride11201nycbride11201 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Frankies in Brooklyn is great.
  • edited December 2011
    iCi in Brooklyn is also used a lot for small weddings
  • springflrspringflr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A community garden for the ceremony would be my vote, and a low-key restaurant that you regularly frequent for the reception.  (I thought about pizza, but went for something we had never had instead.) If your budget is higher, 3 West Club is really nice.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the ideas!!!
  • edited December 2011

3 West is great, but I don't think 30 would be enough for its smallest room - you can always double check, they are really good at providing information....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards