Wedding Etiquette Forum

Announcement vs Invitation

My fiance' and I are older (he's 61 and I'm 56) and are having a very small wedding ceremony and reception/dinner inviting only 20 guests this fall.  How do we let all of our other friends and acquaintances know that we FINALLY tied the knot without feeling guilty for not including everyone in the occassion?  Are simple 'announcement' cards in order after the fact and if so what type of wording can be used?  OR do we simply send out a holiday letter at Christmas time with the news included there???  I don't want anyone to feel hurt that we didn't include them on the wedding date.  I soooo appreciate any ideas or thought!♥♥Embarassed      

Re: Announcement vs Invitation

• When you want people to know you are now married, you send out wedding announcements.

You send invitations to anyone you want to invite to witness the actual wedding.

Invitation websites have announcement wording on them, where all you have to do is insert the names and dates. 

No need to feel guilty at all - you invite who you want to your wedding. 

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!
    Anniversary
  • I think during the holidays when everyone is in good spirits would be nice to share your good news.
  • LoopysevenLoopyseven member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2012
    An announcement is absolutely fine to send out   just after the wedding.   If anyone says anything about wishing they were there just tell them "we kept it very small and intimate.  It was perfect for us" and move on to the next subject.

Congratulations!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_announcement-vs-invitation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8b27c642-d2bd-4e61-83af-9eba290c91a1Post:6b95f1da-5c09-48c0-9c89-efb7ce5ce28f">Re: Announcement vs Invitation</a>:
    [QUOTE]An announcement is absolutely fine to send out   just after the wedding.   If anyone says anything about wishing they were there just tell them "we kept it very small and intimate.  It was perfect for us" and move on to the next subject. Congratulations!
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

This!

You can use the wording: Bride and Groom were married in a private ceremony on x date.
  • Well, if they are not invited to the actual wedding or reception don't send invitations.  I think a christmas announcement sounds nice.  Maybe to a picture from your wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_announcement-vs-invitation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8b27c642-d2bd-4e61-83af-9eba290c91a1Post:6b95f1da-5c09-48c0-9c89-efb7ce5ce28f">Re: Announcement vs Invitation</a>:
    [QUOTE]An announcement is absolutely fine to send out   just after the wedding.   If anyone says anything about wishing they were there just tell them "we kept it very small and intimate.  It was perfect for us" and move on to the next subject. Congratulations!
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for your suggestion ... I think an announcement sent out shortly after the wedding date would be wonderful ... that's what I'm goin' do!  Thanks again!
    Deb♥♥
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards