Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Annoyances

Re: Annoyances

• Options
    Frankly, I wouldn't want to be on the other end of that call. There's no need to call me when you're taking a crap.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Eeew. I always hang up when I go to the bathroom - even at home. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_annoyances-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8b36f615-389a-488e-813b-9263b8fe7b00Post:d39244a4-e4a4-4439-9882-2c974fa68849">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]I get annoyed when someone carries on a full-fledged conversation in the bathroom while they are doing their business.  If it is a private bathroom, then fine.  BUT if there is the potential that any of my business will be heard in your phone conversation I get super annoyed.  Seriously, nothing is that important that you have to take calls on the crapper.  
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

That is definitely annoying, even more so when YOU are on the other end of the phone, and you hear some strange echoing noises...some things should stay private, and the phone call can wait 5 minutes.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_annoyances-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8b36f615-389a-488e-813b-9263b8fe7b00Post:77c06143-ab50-4df8-9da0-ae8dbb4708c9">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Annoyances : At my old job, there were nasty assholes that would talk on their cell phones while taking a nasty shiiit in the public bathroom.  It would take all my willpower not to vomit. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

OMG WHY

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    No one knows what the problem is. I don't know if she just sits at her desk doing nothing all day or if the work is confusing her. I just hate having to do her work because I have enough of my own to do.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Angel we did epics in a park and at the beach near a lighthouse. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_annoyances-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8b36f615-389a-488e-813b-9263b8fe7b00Post:9b4ab438-f0a9-4ca6-9f61-75d8cf0e7fad">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]Angel we did epics in a park and <strong>at the beach near a lighthouse. </strong>
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

That sounds really pretty. I really would love to go to the beach, so we'll see how that works out.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_annoyances-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8b36f615-389a-488e-813b-9263b8fe7b00Post:156f26ab-2696-401e-ab38-8a57d2b9ba6f">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm annoyed that my armpit is tender. WTF armpit?
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

<div>Are you wearing a new bra? This happened to me when I bought a new bra. The underwire was shaped in a funny way and was really pressing into my skin. Even though it doesn't reach all the way up there, that's where I felt the pain. Which is odd. </div>
  • Options
    AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Since bathrooms are the hot topic at the moment, I am annoyed with the NP I work with,  She informed me the other day she wants the bathroom in our office converted so SHE can have a private office.  Right now, her office is also the exam room for patients.  She said she is going to ask Maintenance to block off the toilet (put a carboard box around it to hide it). 

So now, the patients, instead of having their visit completely private, get to carry sample cups and a brown paper bag through the HR dept. to the bathroom, get their sample, then carry it back to the clinic.

This is not even our company's building - we are contractors.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_annoyances-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8b36f615-389a-488e-813b-9263b8fe7b00Post:b6737bae-302e-418f-b6e9-1ddc406f482a">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Annoyances : That sounds really pretty. I really would love to go to the beach, so we'll see how that works out.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm sure if you ask your photographer, they will have lots of great places.</div>
  • Options
    Ew, according to the calculator I just used, I will probably have my period on my wedding day. That's fabulous. Granted, it's 7 1/2 months away and I'm not regular down to the day, so things can (and hopefully will) change. I don't know how one would change a tampon while wearing a wedding dress. I don't even know how one pees while in a wedding dress.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_annoyances-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8b36f615-389a-488e-813b-9263b8fe7b00Post:77c06143-ab50-4df8-9da0-ae8dbb4708c9">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Annoyances : At my old job, there were nasty assholes that would talk on their cell phones while taking a nasty shiiit in the public bathroom.  It would take all my willpower not to vomit. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

That's nasty. I hate work restrooms. It grosses me out when I hear someone in another stall do their business then just leave without washing their hands. I'm that weirdo who now uses a paper towel to open the door when I leave. I get looks sometimes but I'm sorry, I don't want your (literal) crap on my hands.

I also hate when people put their purses, notebooks, etc. next to their feet. Ladies, the only thing that belongs on a restroom floor is the bottom of your shoes!

I've also become increasingly annoyed by the term "babymoon". I just can't stand it for some reason. H's friend and wife keep posting about theirs. Of course this is the chick who announced her pregnancy via FB at less than 3 weeks. Pee stick as her profile pic and all. Yuck.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    It's possible Rach. My underarms have never pained me during my period - but bodies do all kinds of crazy things. Has it ever happened before? 
  • Options
    I had my period during my wedding and while it was annoying, it wasn't a huge deal. And my dress was easy to go to the bathroom in, like any other dress really. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Rachers, I'm not on BC and I don't really want to go on it because it screws with my libido too much... but I really, really don't want my period on that day. I guess I have a few months to decide what to do. I'm usually lucky in that when I do start BC, my body doesn't need an adjustment period.. I don't get crazy side effects (except for the libido thing) and I don't spot between periods, etc.

ETA - Mica, nope, no problem here.
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Is it just me, or are other people having a problem jumping to the last page of the thread?  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_annoyances-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8b36f615-389a-488e-813b-9263b8fe7b00Post:4214053a-093a-4735-b77a-009a18892452">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ew, according to the calculator I just used, I will probably have my period on my wedding day. That's fabulous. Granted, it's 7 1/2 months away and I'm not regular down to the day, so things can (and hopefully will) change. I don't know how one would change a tampon while wearing a wedding dress. <strong>I don't even know how one pees while in a wedding dress.</strong>
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>With help. I think I can handle peeing in front of someone - NOT chaning a tampon. Are you on BCP? I'm going to be making sure I'm not on my period until after FI goes home. </div>
  • Options
    Rach I did the same thing as you..haha
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    I was able to go to the bathroom by myself with my wedding dress.  HOWEVER, I don't know if I could have changed a tampon or pad wearing the dress without someone else holding up the skirt.  And that would have sucked.
  • Options
    I think a pee stick as a profile pic is really annoying.

And gross.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Which one are you on, Rachers? I know they're different for everyone, but I'm just curious. I've tried 4 different ones and I hated them all.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_annoyances-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8b36f615-389a-488e-813b-9263b8fe7b00Post:8e6faee5-46b9-4f7b-97ae-5c6ae8cd1c92">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think a pee stick as a profile pic is really annoying. And gross.
    Posted by AbbeyS2011[/QUOTE]

I agree. That's just weird. I think it's weird when people post the picture at all, let alone as their profile picture.
  • Options
    ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    I'm annoyed that nearly everyone I work with took tomorrow off, including our receptionist. She asked if I would answer the phones all day tomorrow. Boo. Of course, I said yes, so I'm really annoyed with myself for being a push over.
  • Options
    Mica - I'm not having an issue. Although now that I've said that I probably WILL have an issue. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_annoyances-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8b36f615-389a-488e-813b-9263b8fe7b00Post:8e6faee5-46b9-4f7b-97ae-5c6ae8cd1c92">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think a pee stick as a profile pic is really annoying. And gross.
    Posted by AbbeyS2011[/QUOTE]

<div>Agreed. </div>
  • Options
    My BMs were all prepared to help me use the restroom. I didn't even think of it until one mentioned it a few days before and said it was their job. But I never did have to go. It was a late start, kind of short (4 hrs) wedding and I apparently didn't drink much.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I know I'll have to use the bathroom and I know I'll need help with the train on my dress etc. Luckily, my MOH is my best friend and not one of my sisters because I feel more comfortable with her. Not that that matters, I guess... it's not like that's a designated MOH duty, lol.
  • Options
    I haven't actually thought about who will be my "pee buddies".  I'll probably ask my sister and mom. That is not going to be pleasant, no matter who helps me. 
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    So you can get to page 4 of this thread from the main E board?  You don't have to go to page 1 first and then click over to page 4?  Darn it.  What browser are you all using?
  • Options
    I feel more awkward around my family (in that kind of situation) than I do around my friends. That's probably weird, but it's always been that way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards