North Carolina

Wilmington area hotels

Hi ladies, 
I will be traveling to NC end of October/beginning of November to see FI who will have only recently returned from deployment. Anyways, I was wondering if you could point in the direction of some nice...yet affordable places to stay in the Wilmington area. FI needs to be within about an hour for Jacksonville for any appointments he may have. Thanks for your help!
She's always wanted to be a princess and he's always wanted to be a hero; as fate would now have it, she is his princess and he is her hero *Semper Fi* Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wilmington area hotels

• edited December 2011
    I've stayed at the InnKeeper on Market street, the Quality Inn on College, and a couple by mayfaire (Hilton and Marriot I think). Obviously the hilton and marriot were nicer but the other two were decent hotels. Hope that helps :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you :)
    She's always wanted to be a princess and he's always wanted to be a hero; as fate would now have it, she is his princess and he is her hero *Semper Fi* Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Also, look into the Wilmingtonian. They sometimes offer nice discounts during non-peak dates. You can walk to anything (river front, restaurants, bars, etc) from the location which is a big bonus.  
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • squirrelcubesquirrelcube member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and the Baymont Inn and Suites, and both places were great.  Holiday Inn Express was much nicer, but also can be pricey (I would call them, though...with this being your first time seeing him after deployment, they may give you a great deal!).  Baymont was comfortable and was reasonably priced.
    Anniversary Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards