North Carolina

Back from another hiatus (a bit long)

This past weekend/week has been long & VERY eventful! DH and I went to Raleigh for the weekend for a friend's wedding. This is our first wedding since we got married & it was interesting to be on the other side again. We had a lot of fun but I lost my camera somewhere in Raleigh. I'm really bummed because we just gave our old one away a few months ago...now we don't have one at all! We got to see a lot of our friends that we haven't seen since the wedding so it was great to catch up. 

We made it back home late Sunday night and my 3 year old niece is staying with us this week. I love her to death but I'll have to admit, I'm looking forward to my dad and sister coming in town tomorrow. I have never been more sure that I wanted to wait at least 5 more years before having kids. I haven't had time to do anything this week and my house is a mess! 

My best friend's dad passed away on Monday and it's been really tough on her. I feel horrible that we're so far apart and I can't do anything for her. 

One interesting thing about the wedding I attended...the bride & groom had their guests switch sides. The bride told us that she recently went to a wedding where she knew the bride very well but didn't know the groom at all. Throughout the ceremony she could only see the bride's veil. For this reason she had her guests sit on the right side of the aisle. She said she really enjoyed being able to look out and see her family & friends. 

Re: Back from another hiatus (a bit long)

• edited December 2011
    haha, I have a 3 year old. And that's how I feel almost every day. lol. I have gotten her where she will clean up her own room though, so that does help.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SassyPants150SassyPants150 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_back-another-hiatus-bit-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:04a5807e-d983-4eb7-9e7a-cf5e56baa6c8Post:61c49d72-4b20-4ada-ada9-67c4add2499a">Back from another hiatus (a bit long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]One interesting thing about the wedding I attended...the bride & groom had their guests switch sides. The bride told us that she recently went to a wedding where she knew the bride very well but didn't know the groom at all. Throughout the ceremony she could only see the bride's veil. For this reason she had her guests sit on the right side of the aisle. She said she really enjoyed being able to look out and see her family & friends. 
    Posted by wlfpkbride[/QUOTE]

That is super intriguing! Totally makes sense
    Favorite thing about fall...Florida Football!

What's cookin'? BFP: May 16, 2011 DD born January 19, 2012 | Chart BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary imageBabyName Ticker

• edited December 2011
    Wow, the switching sides thing is such a great idea.
  • wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea, and I definitely would have never thought to do it! I don't really know that I would have but I thought it was a great idea. 
  • edited December 2011

Wow...I love the idea of switching sides....that really is cool...and I would have never thought of that!  We're not doing sides, I'm just going to let people sit whereever they want because I don't want it to be lopsided---I'm thinking my friends from work are going to be a greater majority than both our families combined!  But, I would definitely have to do this if we were!!!!!!!!!  Great idea, and thanks for sharing that. 

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The switching-sides idea makes total sense! Thanks for sharing that!
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    We didn't do sides, either, but I have always hated being on the bride's side and not being able to see a darn thing! Awesome idea.
    image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards