North Carolina
Options

Invites

Wow!  I can't believe that this time is here.  We have finished stamping, stuffing, sealing, sticking!  We did pocket folds and FI worked very hard taping the green backing layer to the pocket  and then taping the invite to that.  We had a little aslemby line going tonight with the help of the puppy.

I included a poll on this thread.  We spent lots of money on postage so far and that hasn't touched our invite stamps.  We had 2 different rehersal dinner invites.  One was to everyone that needed to attend the rehersal (WP, Officiant, etc) the other was just for the dinner for a few OOT guests and grandparents etc.  We just slipped this underneath where the pocket folds down. It seemed like a good way to save 2 books of stamps!

It seems so real that this step has been completed.  I feel like I'm getting married now!! I can't wait to stalk the mailbox over the next few weeks.

-Ginger

Re: Invites

• Options
    Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's a bad idea, but be sure to weigh the invitations with the extra invite in them to make sure they don't need extra postage! Even if they do, it should stil be cheaper than sending the RD invites separately, though.
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What Beth said.  It's fine, just be sure you have the appropriate postage.
  • Options
    TinyTRex321TinyTRex321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also think that is fine. I don't see why it wouldn't be okay. I'm sure some people on the etiquette board might disagree but to each their own.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If I had had the RD invitations printed out when I sent out invites, I would have probably done the same thing. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ditto with PP...FMIL has taken on the RD, and I offered to put hers with mine, but she's behind on it.

During planning, i've learned that a lot of the questions on e-board have more than one answer :) i say go for it!
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat as the others!  My FMIL is printing the RD invites and she still doesn't have them out -- our invitations went out several weeks ago or we would have mailed everything together!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2011 Siggy Challenge: Hair
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards