Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Sunday SUNday SUNDAY!

Good morning! I hope you are nice and warm this morning :) What's everyone up to today?

Re: Sunday SUNday SUNDAY!

• Options
    Morning! I just rolled out of bed. I need to stop this late to bed/early to rise stuff and start going to sleep at a decent time, considering that my semester starts this week.

Not sure what I'm planning for today. There's still plenty of snow on the ground, and there's no real reason for me to go anywhere, but I think I'm going to make it my goal to get out of the house at some point, if for no other reason than to see what's going on out there. Other than that, I have lots of cleaning, reading, and writing to do, so I'm going to try to spend as much time as possible doing those things.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    I think spring has begun here (near 50 and rain) and we're planning to head out to the bookstore in a bit.  It's the only shop that isn't closed on Sunday.  Then of course, it's just a straight shot to the SUPER BOWL which starts at 2am here.  Yes, we're watching it. :)
  • Options
    HI.  It's gorgeous out today but we decided to be lazy.  Lunch and naps are on tap for this afternoon.

I am thankful that this year I do not have to listen to anything about the Superbowl, WOHOO!

I am also trying to figure out if I can throw together a trip to Valencia to see the Americas Cup.  A friend of mine is there with on the water press passes.  Unfortunately it's over 500 miles from us.

How are you doing on this snowed in afternoon?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ooh, I forgot about the Super Bowl. I usually watch it, but then, I'm usually with people, but today I'm by myself. We'll see what happens.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I think I'll have to venture out at some point today, too, Sarah. My only problem is we lost heat about 2 pm yesterday. Regardless, I need to clean off my car today. Boo.

Other than that, we'll be watching the Super Bowl, too! We had invited a few friends over, but will scrap that due to no heat factor.
  • Options
    Oh man that sucks. Do you have any idea when your heat might come back on? Be sure to stay safe and bundled up!
    imageimage
  • Options
    scoettoscoetto member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2010
    Amoro/Sarah, it's the strangest thing! Our building lost partial power Friday night around 11:30 pm. I heard/saw the transformer go. And that's when we lost power in our kitchen. We have power everywhere else, but our kitchen. It wasn't the circuit breaker either. I was able to use extension cords to hook up the stove & fridge to a different outlet in the apartment so we're ok there.

Then around 2 pm I noticed my feet were freezing but didn't think anything of it until around 6 pm when we had maintenance guys knock on our door. It was pitch black. That's when they said we had lost heat and that's when we noticed it wasn't just our apartment that had lost power (we were holed up and didn't go anywhere yesterday while the 2 feet of snow fell in & around DC - we were in our own world).

So we have partial electricity, no heat. It's the strangest thing!
  • Options
    And no, we don't have any idea when we'll get it back. I'm checking the power company's interactive outage map constantly and there's no update for our area yet.
  • Options
    Good morning.. .working on a grocery list.  Gotta go to teh store this morning, then working a double at the bar/restaurant.  Hopefully we get a good crowd for the game tonight.

• Options
    I could see how that would happen. It might mean that there was some sort of a power surge that shorted out some but not all of the wires in your apartment. Gah that sucks! Hope they're working round the clock on getting it back.

Make sure you keep a hat on, because you lose a lot of heat through your head. And drink lots of heated beverages. Alcohol can also help, especially if you have something warming like red wine around, because it opens up the blood vessels in your extremities, but not too much because if you go too far with it, it can have the opposite effect. And nothing wrong with staying in bed!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Well unfortunately we're one of 48,381 customers without power. So who knows when it'll come back. I've been drinking hot Early Grey tea this morning and have been under blankets. J is still in bed. We're not too terribly off because we can't see our breath. So I take that as a good sign! I plan on baking/cooking a lot today. Our apartment easily heats up with the gas stove/oven working so we'll just have to eat a lot of warm yummy foods today.

And I'll probably sneak in shots of Patron here and there :D
  • Options
    Morning....

DH is went to the store to get food to make me breakfast.  I'm pretty excited because we do not have many meals together.   I'm off to work, then to the bar for the superbowl.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Morning!
    Having lunch with some girlfriends and then finishing up some laundry and school work.  We're not going anywhere to watch the SB so we'll just enjoy it here.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-sunday-sunday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8fee7ab3-5cd7-422c-8518-b5b976e9eca6Post:b943eaad-bafa-4e45-b716-72ba516bd850">Re: Sunday SUNday SUNDAY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well unfortunately we're one of 48,381 customers without power. So who knows when it'll come back. I've been drinking hot Early Grey tea this morning and have been under blankets. J is still in bed. We're not too terribly off because we can't see our breath. So I take that as a good sign! I plan on baking/cooking a lot today. Our apartment easily heats up with the gas stove/oven working so we'll just have to eat a lot of warm yummy foods today. And I'll probably sneak in shots of Patron here and there :D
    Posted by scoetto[/QUOTE]

That is strange that you still have power everywhere but your kitchen.  Great that you can plug in and go to other sources and use your oven to heat things up! Good for you!
  • Options

Amoro, it is strange! But we could be like our neighbors, who only have their bedroom working.

• Options
    I'm here. Not talking about the superbowl.

Just finished the second of the Star Wars moves.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    H is working and I'm doing a charity bowl-a-thon at noon today. Get it? Super BOWL? After that we are going to a friend's house to watch the game. I don't really care about football, but I do care about delicious finger foods.
  • Options
    We are headed to my parents' house to eat food and watch the Superbowl. I'm not big on football, but it's a nice excuse to get together and eat!
  • Options
    FI is making cornmeal pancakes; then we're off to church, then I'm meeting a friend to go yarn shopping, and then I'm meeting up with the FI to go to another friend's place to watch the Super Bowl. It's my day off, and I plan to do as much socializing as possible.

My friend with whom I'm yarn shopping has "big news" she doesn't want to tell me over the internet, so I'm pondering whether 1) she's seeing someone, 2) she got into a PhD program, 3) her sister is having a baby. My money's on 1.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My parents are coming later and we're going to a sports bar to watch the game. Until then, I'm cleaning and baking. Super exciting.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    I could care less about the actual game tonight, but I am pretty excited because I'm making taco dip and veggie chili.  I made this taco dip for a playoffs game about a month ago and I've been looking for the opportunity to make it again - tonight's my chance!  We have a couple of friends coming over tonight, but nothing too big.  I need to drag myself out to Target at some point today, but I foresee a lot of relaxing.
  • Options

Good morning, dear sco!  I'm watching a Lifetime movie, "The Perfect Assistant" - so you pretty much know she's anything but.  In a couple of hours we'll be heading out to complete our taxes and then off to the store to get fixins for dinner.  So not too much.

Hope you weren't suffering to badly with lack of heat last night.

• Options
    ohwhynotohwhynot member
    First Comment
    edited February 2010
    Morning, everyone.  I'm just popping in while at work.  Depressed today - I have to work on a project that's really kind of not my job, but has to get done, so here I am.  Went dress shopping yesterday and I look horrible in everything and my body is stupidly shaped and I'm going to look like one of those hatchet-faced old brides that people pity.  Waaaaah.

ETA:  the little guy in the snowclothes is so adorable!  That was cheery. 
  • Options
    Here is Mr. Arb trying to dig out his car - this is as far as he got after about an hour of work

• Options
    Arb, that's insane. 
  • Options
    And we're supposed to get at least another 6 inches on Tuesday night.  Since I work for a college, I'll be surprised I have to go into work before Thursday
  • Options
    Good lord, that snow! Arb, I love your new sig. He looks like he's enjoying the snow. :)

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options

Holy crap Arb, you guys really did get dumped on!  It's been a very long time since I've seen that much snow.  But Luke is darn cute, and that much snow is totally fun if you don't have to be the one removing it.

I'm debating going to the store, and maybe some mexican for breakfast/lunch.  I have to work a double today, the evening shift and then the overnight shift, so I'm going to be spending my day changing adult diapers.  At least we'll have the Superbowl on.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-sunday-sunday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8fee7ab3-5cd7-422c-8518-b5b976e9eca6Post:d9751832-73af-46d4-a94c-76c93ba2845d">Re: Sunday SUNday SUNDAY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good lord, that snow! Arb, I love your new sig. He looks like he's enjoying the snow. :)
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

Go check my facebook =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards