North Carolina

NWR: Interview tomorrow- wish me luck!

I had 3 phone interviews over the past week...all went really well!! I have in-person interviews in the morning. I'm sooo excited! I think I have a great shot at getting the position.  The pay is great, not to mention healthcare and other benefits that I don't have as a photographer.  :)  If you have any interview tips, please share! Otherwise, wish me luck!

Re: NWR: Interview tomorrow- wish me luck!

• pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some people swear by the question "Is there any reason you don't think I'm the best person for this position?" or some variation, for the end of the interview.  It's ballsy, it offers them the chance to voice any concerns that they may have, and gives you an instant opportunity to put those concerns right out of their heads.  It's one that you've got to be good at thinking on your feet for, and that's obvious to whomever is interviewing you too. 

Good luck :)
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I always (because I am Type-A) type up answers to the most common interview questions so I am prepared, but I don't memorize them because I don't want to sound forced. (For instance, a common question would be "tell us about a challenge you faced in a past position, and how you handled it." So that I don't waste time trying to think of something on the spot, I pick something ahead of time and make a note of it.)

Just relax though, you'll do fine and congrats on all your interviews! That's fantastic!
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    Great suggestion!!  I wrote that down. I'm going to do everything I can to prepare for it tonight.  Now if only I could lose 5 lbs overnight! I bought a suit for interviews about 3 months ago when I was 7-8 lbs lighter.... now the pants are snug around my hips.  I hope it isn't too noticeable.
  • edited December 2011
    CJ- I've been working with a career coach for a couple of months. She gave me an interview packet full of typical questions. It has been a great resource!  Like you, I prefer to be prepared and already have answers for questions rather than having to pull something off the top of my head during an interview.  I'm more likely to make a mistake or say something stupid if I'm put on the spot for a question I haven't prepared for.
  • edited December 2011
    Good luck!!! I know you'll knock it out of the park.
    Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    Good luck! Just be yourself and be prepare!

• edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Good luck!!
  • alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Good luck!!

• edited December 2011
    thanks everyone! I will let you know how it goes tomorrow.  i am sooo excited  :)
  • tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck--and from the other side, I'm always impressed when an interviewee has good questions for me about the position that show a genuine interest and that she has researched the position ahead of time, to the extent that is possible.  It helps me guage the persons true interest in the position.  Not a dealbreaker, but always helpful.  And most important, be yourself.  Truly important to be a good fit where ever you're going to be.  We all spend far too much time with our work colleagues not to love our jobs, if humanly possible!
  • edited December 2011
    Lots of ~~~vibes~~~ coming your way!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know I'm really late but good luck! Keep us posted. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm late too, but good luck!
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!!  I think the interviews went great!  The position seems to be right up my alley.  :)  I hope they let me know something soon.  I've interviewed with 5 people so far and all were great ....

but it doesn't seem that there is much urgency to fill the position immediately.  I'm not sure how long it will be before they move forward. Hopefully sooner than later.  The person in the position now is moving into a different role.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and Mary, I used your question at the end of the 2nd interview. He said he had no reservations about hiring me...guess that is a good sign!  :D
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_nwr-interview-tomorrow-wish-luck?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:078b4c2c-4306-4265-ab9c-836054aeced3Post:9d600d4f-eb9a-4a12-841d-371c611e612f">Re: NWR: Interview tomorrow- wish me luck!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh and Mary, I used your question at the end of the 2nd interview. He said he had no reservations about hiring me...guess that is a good sign!  :D
    Posted by CLTKate[/QUOTE]

Wow, nice!  Hopefully it'll come through then. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards