Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Groupon

I just discovered this a week ago, and this sh*t is awesome.  I already bought an $85 mani-pedi for $30 and a $110 spa package for $55.  They have restaurants, gyms, all sorts of stuff.

They had one yesterday (which I couldn't get because I have black people hair and regular salons just don't know how to handle my sh*t) at a very upscale salon - $45 for a cut and color valued at $165. 

So if you live in any of the cities they have on there you should totally check it out.

http://www.groupon.com

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

Re: Groupon

• Options
    Boo! Nothing in BR or NO. But those sound like some awesome deals, good for you.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    My question--there's one in my town for $100 of salon services for $50 or similar, and almost 1,000 people bought it.  Doesn't it become impossible to get an appointment at that salon, then, for awhile?   Do the deals have expiration dates?  Because I'd be mad if I paid for the Groupon, couldn't get an appointment, and then it expired.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Dude, they had one for Cold Stone in Denver today!  I was SO excited!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_groupon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:91aee4f1-282b-4fbb-918a-8a462a93dbb4Post:70978475-cfd8-431f-ade9-6481fb04df2e">Re: Groupon</a>:
    [QUOTE]My question--there's one in my town for $100 of salon services for $50 or similar, and almost 1,000 people bought it.  Doesn't it become impossible to get an appointment at that salon, then, for awhile?   Do the deals have expiration dates?  Because I'd be mad if I paid for the Groupon, couldn't get an appointment, and then it expired.
    Posted by Brie2010[/QUOTE]

Usually, the deals expire 6 - 12 months after the purchase date.  And there's usually a cutoff (like the one from yesterday, once 600 people bought it they were sold out).  So I would think that probably for a few weeks after the groupon it's going to be a little crazy trying to get an appointment or anything.  But like a lot of things I bet people will buy them and then just never use them (or give them as gifts to people a few months down the road).

I'm using both of mine for the day before the wedding, so as long as you're not trying to buy something you feel you'll need to use right away (at least at salons) you're probably fine.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    Good to know.  I signed up, I've been wanting to get some spa stuff done lately but can't stomach the price tag.  Hopefully they have a good deal soon.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    I LOVE Groupon. I've purchased gourmet popcorn for half price (great office christmas gift), FI and I went to a wine tasting for $25. I have yet to schedule my half price 3-hour Green house cleaning, but my friends and I are taking Bollywood dance classes that we used Groupons for, and its a blast!

The bootcamp I go to was on Groupon in December, and when the new sessions started in January, evening attendance went from about 15 people, to 70! Mornings were still sparse because it was freaking cold, and outdoors, but that was quite a boost for their business.

My friend bought one for a ManiPedi and then the salon closed down. She emailed Groupon and they gave her a full refund the next day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    That is an awesome deal!  Too bad my town's not on there :(  I even looked for the town close to me...closest thing as usual is KC... :-P  Boo.  Nice find though.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_groupon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:91aee4f1-282b-4fbb-918a-8a462a93dbb4Post:3203e92b-70f5-445f-a0d3-b23798812d57">Re: Groupon</a>:
    [QUOTE]I keep reading this as grey poupon...
    Posted by wadingmoose[/QUOTE]

what's amazing is that i did the same thing, moose!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards