Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

How is this for an etiquette no-no?

Yesterday we receive an STD in the mail for my Uncle's step-daughter's wedding April 16. Maybe its just me, but shouldn't the invites be out already considering it is almost March 1st?

Well, that was just a thing that bugged me. The real issue is that she is already freaking married. Her H was going into the Navy last summer and was going to get shipped off. So, right before we were married they had a quickie wedding with a preacher and their parents. NOW they are having their real wedding.

H and I did not invite her and her H to our wedding (even though they rsvp'ed for her and she came anyway) b/c I have only met her about 3x in the 9 yrs my Uncle and her Mom have been married. Besides, I thought she was going to be living in VA spending time with her H before he went off on a ship.

When I called my Mom to ask her if it was just a reception, she said she didn't really know details, but didn't think so. She said she thought it was going the whole deal and all.

Is it just me or wouldn't this be considered a vow renewal? And I don't know whether or not to send a gift or just decline the invite and send a card or something.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards