Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

random poll

do you think that one person in the relationship loves the other more?

Re: random poll

• Options
    Depends on the relationship, but yeah it's definitely possible. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
  • Options
    I think that can definitely happen.  It can also shift - while one's love wanes, the other's waxes.   And then it shifts back again and again.  If the couple is lucky & smart, they can recognize those tidal shifts for what they are and ride them out. 
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    wow sorry... for the double post...computer flipped out...

thanks...
  • Options
    Yes.

But I also think it is more common to see people loving each other differently. Not more or less.
  • Options
    Dh and i were discussing this last night and i was just curious.
  • Options
    Never mind, I just saw you had the 'differently' thing as an option in the other thread.
  • Options
    I think people in relationships show their love and affection in different ways, and sometimes it can feel like one isn't as loved as one loves.

It took me a while to adjust to J's way of showing love as opposed to saying it a gazillion times. Neither is wrong, but one is him, one isn't. I'm not any less loved and I don't feel like it.

I do think that there are relationships where one person is much more a giver than the other.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I also think that theres no way to really guage an amount of how much someone loves another, so theres really no REAL answer.
  • Options
    Very true, Nebb. I think you can only go by what you feel from the person, you know?
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I guess though that just falls under the different category. I always say and show how I love, but my husband is very quiet about it and will wait until an event to put his feelings down on paper and express how much he loves. Its just different.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    i guess have always thought that there everyone loves in a different way, not necessary quantitatively. dh i am pretty sure thinks that you can measure it though not sure how...
  • Options
    I know my relationship now is different then any in my past. I think it's quite equal this time around. Where in others I have defiantly loved them more then they loved me.

I think it's different for eveyone.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think about how I felt in my first marriage and how differently I feel with John, and the difference is night and day, even though the ex said I love you all the time. His actions said otherwise. John's the exact opposite (sounds a bit like yours, Nebb, except he doesn't write it), but I feel the love in the things he does and how he treats me.
    I'm more likely to kiss him in public or say I love you, which embarrasses this shy boy.
  • Options
    I agree it depends on the relationship but is most definitely possible.
    I was just in that type of relationship. I feel and think that I loved him way more then he loved me.. (I still love him).
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Yes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Number Invited 181image Number Attending 148image Number Declined 23image Number Not Replied 10image RSVP Date July 7 Magic Number:150
  • Options
    Playtnteppg, I am sorry.  I hope you're taking good care of yourself. 
  • Options
    I feel pretty equal this time around. We're sort of like two puppies.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards