Etiquette

Can I convene a meeting of the dead parents club?

I've been thinking about this all day but didn't want to be a downer, and some posts in the KPS thread made me think I should just post it.

The 10 year anniversary of my mom's death is Nov. 12. I have known for months that friends were getting married on 11/11/11 (what they said when they first got engaged and what they've apparently always planned on), and I was already kind of wondering how I'd feel being at a wedding the day before the anniversary. We got the invitation yesterday, and it turns out the date changed - it's now a daytime wedding on the 12th.

On the one hand, I think it's a good thing that I'll have something fun to do and won't just mope around all day. On the other hand, it's the 10th freaking anniversary of my mother's death. I don't think I'm going to be feeling particularly cheery, and if I'm not cheery, I'm already dreading people asking why I'm not jumping for joy over our friends. "Because my mom died" is kind of a downer at a wedding.

There's no question, I just wanted to share, and I know far too many of you on here get it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards