North Carolina
Options

Good ceremony cites in Charlotte/western NC?

Hi ladies. I am just starting to plan my wedding and already having issues with trying to decide on a ceremony site. I would like to get married in one city, and my mom wants me to get married in another. So I'm in need of some recommendations. Indoor or outdoor sites, somewhere between Charlotte and Asheville. Thanks so much to anyone who can help!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Good ceremony cites in Charlotte/western NC?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Click the NC Bride Bio link in my siggy below this post. There will be several sites listed there, so that should be a big help for your search.

I am having my reception at Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden, but they do ceremonies also. It's located in Belmont.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For indoor suggestions, I previously lived in Uptown Charlotte and would see/hear about weddings at the Westin and Mint Museum of Arts and Craft.  Also, I believe the Ritz Carlton is now open, too!

As for outdoor weddings, one of my good friends got married at the Peninsula Yacht Club at Lake Norman; it turned out to be beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend went to a wedding at the Mint Museum... she said is was lovely!  There is always that church downtown (a knottie on here just got married there) where a lot of brides have their ceremony.  The Panther stadium has party rooms too.  I don't know of anyone that was married at the Westin/Ritz (that I can think of) but I'm sure either of those would have great service.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Would you be interested in a wedding up in the Mooresville/Lake Norman area? There are several venues up there that are beautiful, and technically, on the way to Asheville (you hit I-40 not too far from there). We got married at The Peninsula Club which is in Cornelius, we had an outdoor ceremony under a large (open air) tent, overlooking Lake Norman and it was amazingly beautiful. The inside is gorgeous too, and the catering manager there was also my day-of coordinator and she was awesome. I was SO pleased with our venue.  There's also the Peninsula Yacht Club, The Point Lake Club...
  • Options
    kristal0603kristal0603 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for your suggestions. I looked at all of them and they all seem a little out of my price range :/   Know of any budget friendly places?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What's your price range?  That will help narrow things down.
  • Options
    kristal0603kristal0603 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, now we have found a ceremony site, a small church in Charlotte. So now we just have to find a reception site. Our budget is around $5000 total, but we aren't going to serve alcohol which helps out alot.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at public park sites?  Those can be really good!
  • Options
    nikkilathropnikkilathrop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my ceremony and reception at The Big Chill in Charlotte.  It's a really pretty place and affordable.  If you have any question feel free to e-mail me at nikkilath@bellsouth.net .  Good luck planning:)

Nikki
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Woodmill Winery in Vale, NC. It's just outside of Hickory. We are getting married there in May. The place is beautiful, they have a large outdoor (but covered!) deck that can seat around 100 and an indoor space that's great for dinner or dancing. Their prices were much better than anywhere else we found nearby. With a case of wine, tables and linens to seat 100 included in the price, it was about $1400, so if you have less people it will be less. The vendors in the area are also pretty inexpensive, depending on what you're looking for, and the owner at the Winery has tons of suggestions. The no alcohol thing might be a problem, I think they require you to buy some of their wine, but I don't know if you'd have to serve it at the wedding. Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards