We just found out that my dad has to have a triple arterial bypass, and they scheduled the surgery for next week. It absolutely shocked his cardiologist, because he takes amazing care of himself, working out 7 days a week and eating a diet that would put Jamie Oliver to shame. He's 68 now, and he's just always had awful cholesterol.
I've known for a few days, but it really hit me hard a minite ago when my mom told me that he has a 90 percent chance of coming out of it ok. I know those are "great" odds, but I can't help but obsess over that 10 percent. I also don't know if I should fly home to Minnesota or not. It's in a week, so I'd have to cancel on my clients, which I feel ok doing. I just don't know if I'm overreacting, and I don't know where we'd come up with money for the plane ticket, but I wouldn't want to let that stop me either.
I'm not sure if there's a question in here, but I feel like I'm about to have a breakdown on my way to work and had to talk to someone. Thanks.