Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Why register for all that crap china!

And cash! Cash is so 2009!

It's 2010, just send it right to my debtors!

http://consumerist.com/2010/01/company-introduces-bridal-style-registry-for-paying-off-bills.html
On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
BabyFruit Ticker
Blog

Re: Why register for all that crap china!

• Options
    OMG.... please say it isn't so.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    from the comments section in the link:

"

As if people getting married aren't obnoxious enough, now they have a place where they can essentially say: "Even though we are spending thousands of dollars for our 'friends' to share our special day while eating rubbery chicken Kiev amidst the strains of 'Come on Eileen,' we'd like you to pay off our debt from previous bad financial decisions in lieu of an espresso maker."

If you have so much debt that you need to beg your friends and family for money under the guise of "gifts," then you shouldn't be getting married or having children anyway.

(Obviously I'm excluding couples who marry in quiet, small ceremonies or via a justice of the peace. I'm talking about Bridezillas and their ilk.)"

please tell me this is one of you. I applaud whoever typed that.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    Oh FFS.  It's just a matter of time before this shows up on Registry & Gifts.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, FFS, NO! There are people who commented and thought this was a good idea.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    That is ricockulous. RiCOCKulous I say.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    Verucalise(countingcalories) sounds like one of those condensending, holier-than-thou heifers that you want to punch square in the vag.  Seriously, "I feel better giving people money when I know it's going towards their bills?"  It's none of your damn business where the money is going.  OMFG what a giant twatwaffle.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    Oh, and who wants to list out what bills they need paid for all their family and friends?? My financial situation is none of their damn business!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    And if you don't trust them enough to give them cash, that you think you need to pay 5.9% of your gift to the company to hold their hand and make them fiscally responsible, then perhaps you shouldn't be supporting their marriage.

Heck, if someone wants to pay my cable bill, I'll just give them the account number and skip the whole 5.9% ripoff. But still, how is it any of my family and friends business what my bills are?

This is really just going to further the push to make wedding= fundraiser instead of = ceremony of commitment and joy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    W....o.....w.   :o|
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Planning Bio - A Total Work in Progress...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards