Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Fave 'Christmas' movies

I say 'Christmas' because I don't mean Miracle on 34th Street or anything Santa-y.

I like Serendipity, The Holiday, and Love Actually. 

You?
BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Fave 'Christmas' movies

• Options
    Elf. I know that doesn't fit into your category, but I love it and can't think of a non Santa-y movie that I like.
  • Options
    Love Serendipity too.. and The Holiday.  Total mind block here can't think of more.
  • Options
    Hmm, I wonder if DH has Elf in his movie collection...I haven't seen that in ages!

• Options
    Is the Holiday the one where they switch houses?
  • Options
    Love Actually, The Holiday and for "Christmasy" White Christmas.
  • Options
    It may not fit your theme, but I have to watch Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation, every year. 

"The sh*tter was full!"

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fave-christmas-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:994c4412-acba-4844-9710-a32164b7ed30Post:048f097d-3038-4577-94e6-7e386d92e9d1">Re: Fave 'Christmas' movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is the Holiday the one where they switch houses?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Yep, Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fave-christmas-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:994c4412-acba-4844-9710-a32164b7ed30Post:4e960652-5ce5-4a46-af06-26dd040984bb">Re: Fave 'Christmas' movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Love Actually, The Holiday and for "Christmasy" <strong>White Christmas.</strong>
    Posted by julezlee[/QUOTE]

Did you see it on Bway last year?  It's my mom's fave movie, so we went.  Turns out my friend's friend was in it, so we went backstage after.

I think it's pretty cool that they're bringing it back again this year!

• Options
    Of course, you haven't Julez! It's a Will Ferrel movie.
  • Options
    I didn't see it on B'Way last year.  I'm debating this year.  If I can get some cheap tickets, we'll go.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fave-christmas-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:994c4412-acba-4844-9710-a32164b7ed30Post:21576c80-9f4f-472d-9986-8b86ec1334ae">Re: Fave 'Christmas' movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never seen Elf.

For reals??

cew - did I miss something with Julez and Will Ferrell?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fave-christmas-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:994c4412-acba-4844-9710-a32164b7ed30Post:f8321681-0d39-446d-9b07-6b05b3ab1c8a">Re: Fave 'Christmas' movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't see it on B'Way last year.  I'm debating this year.  If I can get some cheap tickets, we'll go.

Hmm, I was debating if we all wanted to try for a matinee on the 19th at TKTS...and then dinner after?

• Options
    She's not a fan of Will Ferrel. But I love her anyway. I'm going to kidnap her and make her watch Step Brothers, Elf, and Anchorman while I paint her toenails and bake her chocolate chip cookies.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fave-christmas-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:994c4412-acba-4844-9710-a32164b7ed30Post:c0c1c1fc-3e72-4456-be67-de87dd667a6f">Re: Fave 'Christmas' movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]She's not a fan of Will Ferrel. But I love her anyway. I'm going to kidnap her and make her watch Step Brothers, Elf, and Anchorman while I paint her toenails and bake her chocolate chip cookies.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

That sounds pretty fun, actually!

Sometimes he's over the top, but I do enjoy some of his movies.  Old School???  Amazing.

• Options
    edited November 2009
    I've seen Will Farrell movies!  Just not all of them and I don't get as excited about them as other people.  And I'm always worried that Cew's gonna break up with me because of it.

Dinner and a show, eh?  Not a bad idea.  I wonder if that will be a nightmare the weekend before Christmas... 
  • Options
    I've never seen Old School either. 

Cew, does this mean I get the cookies and nail polishing soon?
  • Options

I could never break up with you. My love for you is unconditional (unless you call me fat or burn my house down).

I know what you are saying about him being to much sometimes. The scene in Step Brothers where he put his nuts on the drumset is one that I can think of off of the top of my head.

• Options
    I LOVE planes, trains, and automobiles.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Elf. I stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns, and syrup.

I also love Serendipity. And Christmas Vacation. Oh how I love Christmas Vacation.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    The Family Stone...love it!
  • Options
    Ooo, The Family Stone!  Forgot about that one!

• Options
    Love Actually is my favorite Christmas movie.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fave-christmas-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:994c4412-acba-4844-9710-a32164b7ed30Post:30ade415-9ed3-4a7f-b795-a9c663bb546c">Re: Fave 'Christmas' movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]  Cew, does this mean I get the cookies and nail polishing soon?

Yes, but it will be a surprise, so I can't be too specific about the timing.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fave-christmas-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:994c4412-acba-4844-9710-a32164b7ed30Post:8c65502b-04b5-4880-995e-b2828a3569ce">Re: Fave 'Christmas' movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dinner and a show, eh?  Not a bad idea.  I wonder if that will be a nightmare the weekend before Christmas... 

Hmm, probably.  It'd be nice to get tickets in advance, but that's much more expensive. 

ahhhh, there are so many shows I want to see!  West Side, Shrek (before it closes), Ragtime...

White Christmas was at tkts last week!

• Options
    I can get discount tickets online instead of going to the TKTS stand (same group, I just get online access b/c of working for a nonprofit here) but it's pretty hit or miss what shows they'll have and how many tickets you can get for a given show.  But I can definiteily keep my eye out the week before.

The Family Stone is so uncomfortable to watch.
  • Options
    Neat, julez! 

I just don't know how much money people are comfortable spending, especially around the holidays and all.

• Options
    Yup.  That's what I was thinking too. 
  • Options
    Well, I'm late to this but my brother says his favorite Christmas movie is "Die Hard".  I also know a student who said his favorite western is "Back to the Future Part 3". 

I love Elf, Christmas Vacation and The Bells of St. Mary's.
  • Options
    Muppet's Christmas Carol!  We watch every year.

And we're also going to "White Christmas" on Broadway this year, yaaay.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards