Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Friday the 13th. EEEeeeek!

But don't be scared!  :) 

How is everyone today?  My moms bff that I work with got fired yesterday.  So nobody knows but the bosses and me since I got a sobbing phone call from her last night.  Today will be interesting.  She does a HUGE section of our regulatory work and replacing her is going to be very hard. 

Any plans for the weekend? 

Re: Friday the 13th. EEEeeeek!

• Options
    I love Friday the 13th! They are always lucky for me, so hopefully that keeps up today.

That sucks about your coworker Stacks. Sometime I just don't like being in on things because it makes everything all weird. Why did she get fired?

Tomorrow I am going to an all you eat seafood festival and I fully intend on eating my weight in steamed shrimp. I hope they have enough.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No big plans here.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    Good morning! That sucks about your coworker, Stacks. :( Speaking of coworkers just now when I walked in the office, one of my bitchier ones was cleaning out our fridge. I asked politely, "Can I stick my grapes in there?" and she said all flippantly, "I'm cleanin' it." I stood there for a second and was just like...uh huh. Oookay lady. I swear, half the people in my office need to retire.

Today is my grandma's birthday and my dog's half birthday. I can't believe he's already 6 months old! Crazy dog lady warning...

It's also my neighbor's birthday so we're going out for drinks tonight with them, that'll be a nice early celebration for my birthday (which is tomorrow), since I am spending the day at my god-daughter's first birthday party. So, it should be a good weekend. :)
  • Options
    Kate, your dog is so cute! What breed is he/she? And early Happy Birthday! 
  • Options
    I have a horrible final in about 2.5 hours, but then tonight I graduate!
  • Options
    I have been craving seafood so badly the past few weeks.  WM I'm so jealous!  I only know why she thinks she got fired but I doubt that was the real reason, she just thinks people have been picking on her and trying to find mistakes b/c they don't like her.  I'm sure the actual reason given to her was much more professional and reasonable.
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Kate!

Congrats Kcsc - good luck on the final.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-13th-eeeeeeek?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:999b7ad1-36b5-49d6-9310-7736ae20d877Post:a29e25c5-9c16-40dd-911a-2978faf99d67">Re: Friday the 13th. EEEeeeek!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kate, your dog is so cute! What breed is he/she? And early Happy Birthday! 
    Posted by waltzingmatilda13[/QUOTE]

He's a golden retriever and lab mix. :)

And thank you!
  • Options
    Kate I love your dog! He's so cute! Thanks stacks!
  • Options
    LTB, I don't think you can be a crazy coupon lady until you match up with those people on Extreme Couponing. THAT is crazy.
  • Options
    Haha LTB, Tom Welling went to my high school for a few years.
  • Options
    Happy early bday, Kate!
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    Stacks that sucks about your co-worker. :(

Happy birthday, Kate!

Good luck, Kcs!

Happy Friday.  Our weekend is going to be extremely busy and I'm not excited about it.  Tonight we're going to a Mexican joint for my MIL's birthday.  Tomorrow we have a baby shower to go to that's co-ed (I guess this is pretty normal now, I've been to two other co-ed showers in the last 5 months).  Then tomorrow night we have my best friend's birthday party.  It's 80s themed so I'm all about it.  Sunday we have a BBQ for different friends birthday.

I'm tried just thinking about it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-13th-eeeeeeek?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:999b7ad1-36b5-49d6-9310-7736ae20d877Post:a93552bb-6745-41a7-ba2e-00b6c2be12c7">Re: Friday the 13th. EEEeeeek!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kate - in MI? H lived there for a few years so I'm sure he'll be even more excited when I tell him. Happy early brithday!
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]

Yes -- Okemos, Michigan!

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone!
  • Options
    Morning ladies.

I'm working like most weekends.  DH is in full force painting the bathroom and purging the condo.   He is a way better chef than painter.   Thank god we have friends in construction who are coming over to help.

The movers came by yesterday to get an estimate.  They said it will take 4-6 weeks to get our stuff from here to there. So we picked June 1 for them to pack and move us. That means I will basically live with only what is in my suitcase and carry-on for 3 months.  Weird

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Good luck, KC!  And happy early birthday, Kate!

Good morning!  I'm thrilled that it's Friday.  I have to go grocery shopping after work (such fun) to pick up stuff for tomorrow.  Friends of ours are having a BBQ, and I'm bringing two pies.  I can't wait until I get out today.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Options
    Good morning everyone! I'm by myself in the office all day today and I am SO excited about it.  I'm going to watch Hulu and read alllll day.

Lynda- Why does the move take 4-6 weeks? Is it a long distance move? (sorry I know you have talked about it but I was out of the loop)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Habs2HartHabs2Hart member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2011
    Morning! 

Stacks - Sorry about your coworker :(

Kate - Adorable pup!  And Happy Birthday!

Kcsc - Good luck on the final and WOOT WOOT!  Congrats on graduating!

Lynda - How does that work?  How do you live out of a suitcase for 3 months?  That's crazy. 

Last night Fl and I went and had our tasting.  Yum!  Screw wedding cake, I just want the chocolate ganache cake we tried.  De-lish. 

Fl was supposed to go camping this weekend, but it's also going to rain all weekend, so they cancelled, so maybe we can finalize some wedding crap!  I was going to spend all weekend at the barn doing spring clean.  My tack is disgusting and I need to do some horse laundry, but that won't happen if it's going to rain.  Boo.

I get my ring back today!  It's been gone for 2 weeks to get a matching band made for it.  I miss it so bad.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good morning!  We have to get H measured for his tux tonight, and then tomorrow are the bachelor/bachelorette parties for his brother and fiance.  Once again, I'm totes jealous of what the guys are doing.  Why do girls have lame parties? 
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    I wish I had a BBQ to go to this weekend.

Good Morning!

Happy Birthday Kate! And to everyone's friends and family celebrating birthdays this weekend!

Stacks I'm sorry about your coworker.

I just have a bunch of errands to run this weekend. Nothing fun planned. That's what happens when you know all of like 5 people where you live. :-(
  • Options
    Habs, we had a tack cleaning day not too long ago...it wasn't pretty.  Our saddles were pretty disgusting.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    DH and I are in williamsburg this weekend. We're going on a ghost walk tonight :o)
  • Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    NcSu you're right where I am! I'm litterally in my office in Williamsburg as we speak. Enjoy the ghost walk. I hear they're great.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-13th-eeeeeeek?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:999b7ad1-36b5-49d6-9310-7736ae20d877Post:11d514df-ed11-410f-bad3-85f299150b21">Re: Friday the 13th. EEEeeeek!</a>:
    [QUOTE]NcSu you're right where I am! I'm litterally in my office in Williamsburg as we speak. Enjoy the ghost walk. I hear they're great.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

Ah cool! We got here last night :) Any suggestions aside from shopping, incase we get rained out later today / tomorrow ?
  • Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-13th-eeeeeeek?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:999b7ad1-36b5-49d6-9310-7736ae20d877Post:153f2ead-7b64-486b-99c5-fbeb90299988">Re: Friday the 13th. EEEeeeek!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning everyone! I'm by myself in the office all day today and I am SO excited about it.  I'm going to watch Hulu and read alllll day<strong>. Lynda- Why does the move take 4-6 weeks? </strong>Is it a long distance move? (sorry I know you have talked about it but I was out of the loop)
    Posted by laurenpm[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Apparently that is how long it takes to move from St Thomas.  All our friends from work had about the same time frame no matter where they were going.   I have no idea where the stuff hangs out for all that time.  

</div><div>We are going to rent the condo.  So I will have a bed, couch, table and we are keeping one TV back which I will ship up when I leave.   We are shipping most of the kitchen and then I will buy cheap stuff from Kmart to leave behind.  (furnished places are the norm here).     </div><div>
    </div><div>So before the packers come I have to pack up a couple suitcases to live with for a few months.   I moved here with only 4 boxes/suitcases and one was never found.  So it can be done.  </div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-13th-eeeeeeek?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:999b7ad1-36b5-49d6-9310-7736ae20d877Post:82dd68d7-e1a0-46ea-a481-d9922f3d3954">Re: Friday the 13th. EEEeeeek!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ncsu - I'm jealous! I've been trying to convince H to go to Williamsburg or Gettysburg and do a ghost walk. He doesn't believe in ghosts and thinks the walk would be dumb so we keep putting it off.
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]

This is the one we're doing:

<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.wmbggrouptourservices.com/index.html">http://www.wmbggrouptourservices.com/index.html</a>

Check out the pictures. I'm kinda skeptical, but still think it'll be a lot of fun, plus it's different because we've never done something like it before.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-13th-eeeeeeek?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:999b7ad1-36b5-49d6-9310-7736ae20d877Post:f0ae8827-c712-4a68-b2dd-2bfbb763eaa1">Re: Friday the 13th. EEEeeeek!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Habs, we had a tack cleaning day not too long ago...it wasn't pretty.  Our saddles were pretty disgusting.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

I'm scared of the tack that's been in my trailer all winter long.  Eeek.  I have way too much tack for 1 horse. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    To make me feel better I've been thinking of things I will not miss about STT.   Like the frequent 10 hour long power outages.   Well here is another one we see a lot..

So I can buy 1 for $3.29 or according to the packaging I can "save" and buy the 2 pack for a bargain price of $7.29..... Math fail.. 

• Options
    ...Is anyone else getting the -67 minutes time stamps again on the thread page?

WTF, TK.  Always on a Friday.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Options
    Ncsu, if you really want some shopping you should check out the outlet mall. It's enormous and you'll probably spend way too much money. But it will definitely keep you out of the rain. 

And please go to Yorktown. I grew up there and my family still lives there and everyone forgets all about it. It's where Lord Cornwallis surrendered to George Washington and basically ended the Revolutionary War. Also, little fun fact, if you drive down the parkway to get there you'll drive on a stretch of it that was featured in "Minority Report" when Tom Cruise drove his car through there. So you'll get a little bit of history and a little bit of the future. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards