Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

XP: Kinda dumb program question

In our programs, we have a page for the wedding party. We are having a formal wedding and the ceremony is a full Catholic mass. Do you think we should list the full names for the wedding party; for example, my BM is Patty, but her full name is Patricia, etc. Should I put Patty or Patricia?
7/10/10 imageDandy

Re: XP: Kinda dumb program question

• Options
    edited April 2010
    I think it's up to you. I go by Bec, but I would fully expect to see Rebecca listed if I'm in a wedding program.

Oh! and you have too much time on your hands. ;)
  • Options
    Our best man's name is Randall but no one has EVER called him that so he was just Randy in the program.

My sister's name is Victoria but everyone calls her Vicki. She was still Victoria in the program.

I really don't think it matters at all :)
  • Options
    My poll answer wasn't there. I'd say that you should ask them and see what they want. I have a couple of people in my wedding with pretty established nicknames, and I'm just going to ask them when the time comes whether they'd like to go by their nicknames or by their full names.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    sarah- good call. I just didn't know if there was something I "should" be doing since it's a formal ceremony.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    I would say whatever they are called on a normal everyday basis, as long as it isn't a nickname that doesn't have anything to do with their real name. If her name is Patricia, and everyone calls her Patty, I say go for Patty. Or you could always ask them what they prefer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards