Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Holler!

Who's around this fine Friday?
Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution

Re: Holler!

• Options
    I am.  I do not go to work until 3pm. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Well, looks like it's you and me, Lynda. ;) How's the weather down there?

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Meeeee!  :-)

Everything is going according to plan except for packing and the fact that I am sick.  Not flu sick, more sinus infection/Bronchitis sick.  Thankfully I have meds on hand for such instances and hopefully I caught it in time.

How are you doing on this fine Friday.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    me too. I had the stomache flu yesterday. Yuck.
  • Options
    I'm here, temporarily. My mom and I are going out shopping at a fabric store so I can finish up my dad's Christmas present. Then my dad is helping my put up a new medicine cabinet in my older daughter's bathroom.
  • Options
    I will be here ALL DAY. I probably havent got a lot of work to do today unless my boss shows up (which he rarely does on friday). I might just chat on here and research my NY trip all day.
  • Options
    Aww!! Hi guys! Amrs, I was pumped to read about your visa!

P2, feeling better?

Sara... do you ALWAYS have a project going? ;)

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Nebb, did the dweeb get the job?  ;-)
  • Options
    Hey Nebbulous!

I'm here for the morning, then having a lunch and drinks with some friends, then making the neice and nephew circuit.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I'n here until nine so you just have a short time to bask in my awesomeness today.  ha. ha.

We went out for trivia at a local sports bar last night because, according to H, the food is better than at the one I wanted to go to.  For the record, it isn't.  My sandwich was inedible.  When I order a baked chicken philly, I expect, ohhhhhhhhhhh I dunno... Chicken perhaps?  Maybe some cheese...  Not a dried out, cold bun with a sliver of something that tasted like it was being pickled at some time in its life...

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    I love that I still have three days off.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I'm here- working. I'm working tomorrow too, ugh. Good news is that the bosses (mom and stepdad) arent here, so I'll be knotting most of the day. Andplusalso I got to bring Lily dog to work with me today :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Moose. That doesn't sound appetizing at all.

I'm trying to convince myself to not eat the death by chocolate dessert that my SIL sent home with me for breakfast.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Ugh, me.  Have to work till noon then move today.  Really there's no point in me working right now so I wish I was at home packing. 
  • Options
    I'm here.  Work is a ghost town today, so I'm pretty bored.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm around.  Not that you all know who I am (that makes me feel sad for you) but I'm here.

We're moving to our new hosue today, so right now I'm getting caught up on my PVR'd stuff, since the box goes back today.

Then, packing.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh!  I am, I am!
  • Options
    Moose, that sounds gross. GROSS.

I'm feeling some-what better. I came to work this morning with the thought that if I'm not feeling good I'll go home. I'm one of 3 girls in the office, and generally it's a pretty good idea that at least one of us be here at all times...the other two are home sick today too.

I decided yesterday that I'm going to get the flu shot when the next clinic opens next week.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_holler?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9b9f42d5-61b7-496a-a1cf-67600d7711f9Post:4b08a497-5c8c-4756-892a-eb1f3603852d">Re: Holler!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, looks like it's you and me, Lynda. ;) How's the weather down there?
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

It's beautiful.   Clear blue skies, high of 83, winds are a little light (important information for a sailor like me). 

We are sailing back from St John at 9pm tonight.  I'm looking forward to the clear skies to see all the stars.  Most nights we see shooting stars which is cool.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Yes, Fischey, I always have a project going. My husband refers to me as a compulsive busy bee.

Sorry to hear you were sick, P^2. Keep those germies to yourself and don't share them with your FI.
  • Options
    Alix! Cute picture!

Raynes, I know you. ;)

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_holler?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9b9f42d5-61b7-496a-a1cf-67600d7711f9Post:c3f92354-e8ff-4e30-ad6b-6ed737269dfe">Re: Holler!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nebb, did the dweeb get the job?  ;-)
    Posted by aMrsin09[/QUOTE]
    Heh no. After he came into the office to get the address and name of the place for the 8th time, I called the manager and let her know (she already knew about the phone calls). She called him and told him the position was filled. He didnt even get an interview!
  • Options
    Thanks Fischy dahling :) No shopping today? You could probably get some Twilight Chucks for like... dirt cheap!
  • Options

Well that's good Fische.  At least someone knows me.  Well, Nebb and Alix do to, but they're fellow Ontarions, so they don't count.

• Options
    Well poo.  I was kind of hoping to see if he was even able to find the place after all of that.
  • Options
    I think if he has that much trouble just taking down the address for the interview, he is going to have an even harder time impressing someone enough to get a job. He seemed like a bumbling idiot.

Raynes! course I know you. You live down the street from me!
  • Options
    alix, dear. You KNOW I hate shopping. Shopping in masses of people?

NO WAY.

And I swear to god, if J gets you Twilight Chucks for Christmas...there will be words.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Oooh. You know, I hadn't even thought to hint at those! NICE IDEA!
  • Options
    I'm here. Working until 5:30Cry But I had a nice day yesturday. Saw A Christmas Carol. It was excellent. I highly recommend it.
  • Options
    About that Nebb, I'll be waving at you from my front door tonight, so watch for it, k?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards