Wedding Etiquette Forum

It's Friday

Re: It's Friday

• Good morning all! 

LVB, that sounds like fun, well except the sitting in the car part but looks like that's been covered.

We're going to stay in a cabin for the weekend with our very close friends who are flying in from Florida!  It has a hot tub, huge kitchen with a fireplace, a pool table, and other stuff.  I'm very excited!

Hey I don't know why this popped into my head, but has anyone heard anymore from Whit?  The last post I saw from her was her H being terrible and her thinking she'd need to take the cops when she goes back to get her stuff.  I hope she's okay.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-friday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9c01452f-f8a2-4c90-94a2-aed72c4bf796Post:3a6685a1-55f4-48ba-a7a4-40d7cfec9599">Re: It's Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning all!  LVB, that sounds like fun, well except the sitting in the car part but looks like that's been covered. We're going to stay in a cabin for the weekend with our very close friends who are flying in from Florida!  It has a hot tub, huge kitchen with a fireplace, a pool table, and other stuff.  I'm very excited! Hey I don't know why this popped into my head, but has anyone heard anymore from Whit?  The last post I saw from her was her H being terrible and her thinking she'd need to take the cops when she goes back to get her stuff.  I hope she's okay.
    Posted by danieliza1127[/QUOTE]

I probably don't know her really well like some of you ladies do, but I have been wondering about her as well. I have been thinking about her and hope everything works out for her.
  • I'm not going into any details at all because it's not my place, but Whit is fine. She's safe on fall break right now. She's really enjoying her 2 weeks off.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Stackeye210Stackeye210 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    I have not seen her around Dani........is anyone friends with her on FB that could ask her to come check in with us?  I hope she's standing strong with all this.

ETA:  LVB - great to know.  Thanks!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-friday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9c01452f-f8a2-4c90-94a2-aed72c4bf796Post:74c8bb0c-05ed-4189-868c-acd8f209c7d1">Re: It's Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Friday : Wow, y'all, you're taking this way too seriously. She's not complaining about anything. She's not supposed to get her blood pressure up, as per the doctors orders. And her H won't let her sit in the car alone. This was the only thing I could think of where she could be even semi involved and not have to sit at home all night while the 3 of us went out and had a blast. That would have been pretty shiity of us.
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean to imply your friend was like that.  It just reminded me of something I've been irritated about lately.  But, I'm exaggerating and overgeneralizing (if that's a word; it doesn't seem like a word.) Sorry for being cranky on a Friday morning :(  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-friday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9c01452f-f8a2-4c90-94a2-aed72c4bf796Post:0e6838b6-cfc4-43be-a6d1-4344860ab100">Re: It's Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not going into any details at all because it's not my place, but Whit is fine. She's safe on fall break right now. She's really enjoying her 2 weeks off.

Oh okay, well I'm glad to hear that. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-friday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9c01452f-f8a2-4c90-94a2-aed72c4bf796Post:115a468b-df3d-4dad-9342-11a1ee78416f">Re: It's Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'M GOING TO DISNEY TOMORROW! And Monday I'm hanging out with MrsB and Julia And Thursday I'm going to WWOHP. Best. Week. Ever.
    Posted by arbolita[/QUOTE]
    WooHOo!
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-friday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9c01452f-f8a2-4c90-94a2-aed72c4bf796Post:cfb0f3af-d699-4e09-a6a4-8b7070094a1e">Re: It's Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Friday : Oh okay, well I'm glad to hear that. 

I'm glad to hear that, too.  I guess it's weird because I haven't been around very long, but I was thinking about her the other day and wondering how she was doing. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-friday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9c01452f-f8a2-4c90-94a2-aed72c4bf796Post:cfb0f3af-d699-4e09-a6a4-8b7070094a1e">Re: It's Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Friday : Oh okay, well I'm glad to hear that. 

Sorry I can't give anymore details. I think she's probably taking a break from here too for awhile. She needs time to figure everything out for herself right now. I can say (I think, hope she doesnt' get mad at me) that she's staying with her parents for the forseeable future. I have no idea where the douchebag with the mustache is staying. Hopefully living underneath a bull's hoof.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Morning ladies!  I'm so freakin' glad it's Friday.  This week at work has been a killer. 

We have to move out of the place we live now in about a month so it's looking like we're going to have to sign a year lease somewhere up here unless H miraculously finds a job somewhere else in the next couple of weeks.

I'm kind of (read: super) bummed, but also glad that we'll have a place of our own (even if we're renting) to live for a whole year and we can kind of settle in.  We decided that we're going to get ourselves a new TV (flatscreen) as our really early Christmas present to each other when we move to ease the blow.

Also, I stabbed myself in the eye with my mascara wand this morning so I'm wearing my glasses and people at work just can't help but comment and it's kind of annoying.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-friday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9c01452f-f8a2-4c90-94a2-aed72c4bf796Post:a8b0f884-b3e6-423a-9cf8-d76ddebbb4c3">Re: It's Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Friday : Sorry I can't give anymore details. I think she's probably taking a break from here too for awhile. She needs time to figure everything out for herself right now. I can say (I think, hope she doesnt' get mad at me) that she's staying with her parents for the forseeable future. I have no idea where the douchebag with the mustache is staying. Hopefully living underneath a bull's hoof.

That is totally understandable, and I won't lie, I'm really glad to hear that too (about her staying with her parents).  I'm sure she doesn't need the added stress of a bunch of internet friends and strangers trying to convince her of what she should do.  I can't even imagine how tough what she's going through must be.  Anyway, tell her we're thinking of her!
  • I'll be sure to let her know :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-friday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9c01452f-f8a2-4c90-94a2-aed72c4bf796Post:74c8bb0c-05ed-4189-868c-acd8f209c7d1">Re: It's Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Friday : Wow, y'all, you're taking this way too seriously. She's not complaining about anything. She's not supposed to get her blood pressure up, as per the doctors orders.<strong> And her H won't let her sit in the car alone.</strong> This was the only thing I could think of where she could be even semi involved and not have to sit at home all night while the 3 of us went out and had a blast. That would have been pretty shiity of us.

See, here's my take. If her husband won't ALLOW her to sit in the car alone, he should sit <strong>HIS </strong>happy ass with her. I can assure you she didn't get pregnant all by herself.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-friday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9c01452f-f8a2-4c90-94a2-aed72c4bf796Post:a82a836a-67d3-4ad5-9cbd-8f6dc969d12a">Re: It's Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I checked the 10 day forecast this morning (aw, it's like wedding planning all over again!), and there's not supposed to be any rain down there until the day we leave.
    Posted by arbolita[/QUOTE]

It was gorgeous when I went (19-25 Sept). It rained on Friday while we were in Epcot, but it wasn't too crowded, so we didn't care.

Have a fun trip!
    planning

• Morning E!

So I think this cold is actually bronchitis, but that also means I'm not going to go to the doctor because I know how to treat it. Waaahh

But TGIF!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-friday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9c01452f-f8a2-4c90-94a2-aed72c4bf796Post:953a210b-ea6f-471d-a815-1ca53027b8ff">Re: It's Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Friday : See, here's my take. If her husband won't ALLOW her to sit in the car alone, he should sit  HIS happy ass with her. I can assure you she didn't get pregnant all by herself.
    Posted by sarabellam[/QUOTE]

Amen, Sister Sara!
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Happy Friday, everyone! LVB, thanks for the Whit update. I was just thinking about her this morning.

It's a 3-day weekend for me, woot! Technically Monday is a furlough day, but it still means I don't have to come to work. I signed up to teach 4 ACT prep sessions, and the first is tomorrow. The extra $$ from them will make up the money lost on the furlough day, so that's a good thing.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-friday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9c01452f-f8a2-4c90-94a2-aed72c4bf796Post:953a210b-ea6f-471d-a815-1ca53027b8ff">Re: It's Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Friday : See, here's my take. If her husband won't ALLOW her to sit in the car alone, he should sit  HIS happy ass with her. I can assure you she didn't get pregnant all by herself.
    Posted by sarabellam[/QUOTE]

DUDE, CHILL THE FUUCK OUT. They were just going to skip this year. We convinced them to go and I volunteered to sit with her. H and I are going to go later. And yeah, he won't ALLOW her to sit in the car by herself. As I said, it's a sketchy neighborhood. My husband would also not ALLOW me to sit in the dark in a sketchy place. Guess our husbands both drag their knuckles like cave me. Huh.
  • KentuckyKateKentuckyKate member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    Good morning!  There's not enough coffee in the world right now...
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-friday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9c01452f-f8a2-4c90-94a2-aed72c4bf796Post:ce856640-7d0e-4076-be94-85da93071d80">Re: It's Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning!  There's not enough coffee in the world right now...
    Posted by KentuckyKate[/QUOTE]

I concur. That wine=bad morning :(
  • Also,  I'm going to Baton Rouge and New Orleans in two weeks with my brother and pregnant SIL because they have the best haunted houses in the world, and SIL wants to go to them.  I've been wondering if maybe it wasn't a good idea for pregnant SIL, but I was just going with the flow.  Now I'm all concerned and stuff.

Nose Job Blog
  • Stacks- Love that pic of J.
    She looks like she's saying I'M HERE AND FABULOUS!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-friday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9c01452f-f8a2-4c90-94a2-aed72c4bf796Post:1b9390b4-afb0-4b31-a6a8-1c8f3f066b79">Re: It's Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also,  I'm going to Baton Rouge and New Orleans in two weeks with my brother and pregnant SIL because they have the best haunted houses in the world, and SIL wants to go to them.  I've been wondering if maybe it wasn't a good idea for pregnant SIL, but I was just going with the flow.  Now I'm all concerned and stuff.

I'm pretty sure D has high (or unstable?) blood pressure as it is. I know her doctor specifically told her not to get her bp up. Maybe you should research it for them first?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-friday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9c01452f-f8a2-4c90-94a2-aed72c4bf796Post:6264de6a-6f22-4f66-9200-b9f8aa958a3f">Re: It's Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Friday : I concur. That wine=bad morning :(
    Wanna hear some awesomeness?  I passed out on the couch last night as soon as you guys left.  I woke up about an hour ago to start cleaning up the damage from last night, and it was already done.  Everything was spotless! <3<3<3

Nose Job Blog
  • Good morning!  TGIF!

LVB -- that is great news about Whit.  I was worried when she never came back.  I'm glad she's doing okay, and I'm sure she does have a lot she's got to think through right now.  I can't even imagine how rough it must feel.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• LVB, I get it man.  If my good friend was pregnant and couldn't go in the haunted houses, I would totally sit in the car with her and keep her company.  Or maybe walk up with the guys and stand in line with them but not go in - those places usually have stupid long lines.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-friday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9c01452f-f8a2-4c90-94a2-aed72c4bf796Post:ea17d8dd-52e3-4946-b050-cc154d0cd26f">Re: It's Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Friday : Wanna hear some awesomeness?  I passed out on the couch last night as soon as you guys left.  I woke up about an hour ago to start cleaning up the damage from last night, and it was already done.  Everything was spotless! <3<3<3

Know how I said I had to go home and clean? Dave met me with asprin and water and sent me right to bed. The kitchen is totally clean and he's going to get the living room before they come over tonight. And then he gave me a massage when he came to bed. I think we need to do more of this getting together stuff. Makes the men up their game ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-friday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9c01452f-f8a2-4c90-94a2-aed72c4bf796Post:8f78fd3a-2c86-43b1-b1dd-84937606de48">Re: It's Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]LVB, I get it man.  If my good friend was pregnant and couldn't go in the haunted houses, I would totally sit in the car with her and keep her company.  Or maybe walk up with the guys and stand in line with them but not go in - those places usually have stupid long lines.

That's a great idea, thanks! And thanks for saying that. I was starting to think I was going crazy for wanting to do something nice for a friend.
  • Morning! I'm kinda pissed because either my car is really hungry or really hates me because it ate all my CDs and won't give them back. I really wanted to listen to my new Zac Brown Band CD on the way to ballet class last night, but I couldn't. It finally spit one out this morning, but it's holding the other 5 hostage. And I lost my cell phone. Or just misplaced it. Either way, I can't find it right now. Thank god tomorrow is Saturday and hopefully I can get this all straightened out.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • sarabellamsarabellam member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited October 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-friday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9c01452f-f8a2-4c90-94a2-aed72c4bf796Post:badd7cd9-4ebf-4323-9da1-85a8be6d372f">Re: It's Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Friday : DUDE, CHILL THE FUUCK OUT. They were just going to skip this year. We convinced them to go and I volunteered to sit with her. H and I are going to go later. And yeah, he won't ALLOW her to sit in the car by herself. As I said, it's a sketchy neighborhood. My husband would also not ALLOW me to sit in the dark in a sketchy place. Guess our husbands both drag their knuckles like cave me. Huh.

Different strokes, I guess. I'm an adult, and as such NOBODY "allows" me or disallows me to do anything. Not my husband, not my parents, not my children.

ETA - I don't think you are crazy for wanting to do something nice for your friend - far from it, I think you are being incredibly sweet. I'm still having a hard time wrapping my mind around a husband forbidding his wife from doing something. That's such a foreign concept to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards