North Carolina
Options

* laudanum1*

hey, I saw in a post below me that you were having your ceremony at the Sarah P Duke Gardens, correct me if I am wrong but is it true that they wont block your ceremony off from the public? esp when you are taking pictures? Thats what I was told from a local of durham who I work with, but I wanted to ask you since you are getting married there I thought you would know?!

Re: * laudanum1*

• Options
    grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Laudanum is already married - she got married there a year or so ago, maybe more.  I looked into getting married at Sarah P Duke and it is true that they will not block off any area from the public for a wedding.  You are not guaranteed privacy during your event...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep, that's correct. They put up signs (http://tinyurl.com/lp4hac ), but they don't necessarily block off the area w/ tape or anything. People in the gardens tend to be respectful of weddings and people taking formal pictures. You don't notice them :) Out of the hundreds of pictures we have, I think I may have 2 or 3 from the cereomony where you can see people at a distance http://tinyurl.com/nkm4nt We have none like that in the portraits we took afterwards.Now, one really sweet thing did happen because there was nothing blocking the ceremony site: The bridal party was waiting out of sight, about mid-way down the terrace. waiting for the prelude to end. A little girl - she was maybe 4 or 5 - was standing near, holding her dad's hand & watching us. She broke away from her dad, ran up to me, & said, "Did you marry your prince yet?" I wish I had a picture of her, but even my photographer was caught up in the collective "awwwww...." I told her, "not yet, but soon," & she smiled, said "OK!" & ran back to her dad :)
  • Options
    wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is THE sweetest thing ever!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Laud is the "shiznit" !
  • Options
    jlindsey923jlindsey923 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011