Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Electronic cigarettes?

Anyone try them? Opinions? I'm guessing they are safer then cigarettes, but I was reasearching them and they are illegal in some countries. I feel like they would be worse than not smoking, but better than smoking cigarettes, but then why are the illegal? DH has a friend who uses them and likes them. WDYT?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Electronic cigarettes?

• Options
    My FI uses them and they are fantastic!!  My son and I both have asthma and smoking was a major dealbreaker for me.  He had stopped on Chantix but found himself slipping with cigars.  Now he uses the electronic cigarette.  Started with some nicotine and now is down to zero - just using it for the sensation.

He gets his from premium e-cigarettes.
    Our Wedding Day
  • Options
    Thanks, we'll probably try them. We are down to a couple smokes a day, but we smoke more when drinking. We need to stop completely, so maybe start with the low level ones and go to zero, then stop all together.
  • Options
    Let me know how you like them. Dh is looking into different ways to quit and we both feel that would be the best for him.
  • Options
    The Harris boys from Deadliest Catch use them. You can see them in the latest interviews they have done. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_electronic-cigarettes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9e448e0b-7f33-4af1-aa2f-60b06757f2b6Post:67be7104-d3a8-461d-921f-1d11825fc189">Re: Electronic cigarettes?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Harris boys from Deadliest Catch use them. You can see them in the latest interviews they have done. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

I think I saw them talk about them briefly on the Tonight Show. The only thing that worries me is that since we dont smoke much now, I dont want to be smoking more if we get one. I want to use it t quit, not just a subitute.
  • Options
    I ordered the green smoke ones, and am not loving them. I am going to try a different brand with a different base- what brand do you use if you like them?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards