Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Things that make you happy RIGHT NOW

Re: Things that make you happy RIGHT NOW

• Options
    polichikpolichik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2009
    1. The fact that I just found my dress used, online, for $400 more than what I paid for it new after my discount.

2. My Christmas motown, courtesy of Pandora.

3. These beautiful, beautiful things... http://www.oncewed.com/24140/wedding-blog/diy-wedding/diy-fabric-poms/

4. The fact that we don't have to TinyURL links to make ethem clicky anymore.
  • Options
    Aw JK, your kitty? :)
  • Options
    1. Being alive.

2. Being "wealthy" enough to have a roof over my head, heat, food, and clothing (although I do not feel wealthy most times).

3. Having a great team of doctors (I had to put it in here).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes ma'am!  I love winter because she cuddles when she's cold.  Normally she's not a big cuddler, which makes me sad.

That's awesome that you got your dress so much cheaper!
  • Options
    Gilmore Girls.

My cat Coco cuddled up at my feet.

My Snuggie.

Christmas lights.

Colder weather.

Warm socks.
  • Options
    PF Changs Garlic Noodles

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wish my pets would cuddle with me :) Once you catch them, they'll usually oblige, but they run in terror if you reach for them. Oh, prey animals.

Well said, Rach. I think it's easy to lose perspective and forget how many people don't have such wealth.
  • Options
    The silence.  The sweet, sweet silence!

My son is staying at a friend's house tonight, my daughter is working on a school project and FI is at the gym. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My DH is leaving work early ( for him) and coming home with wine and sushi.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-happy-right-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9eb26d4c-cad0-4f02-87be-a57a6f2e848ePost:d5dc71ee-79c7-46e7-a947-d372610fb1f6">Re: Things that make you happy RIGHT NOW</a>:
    [QUOTE]..2. Being "wealthy" enough to have a roof over my head, heat, food, and clothing (although I do not feel wealthy most times)...
    Posted by RachNRich[/QUOTE]

I saw on the news tonight that local "No-Freeze" shelters are opening their doors to the homeless because it is so frigid outside. Whenever I see stories like this, I realize how thankful I should be for all that I do have.
  • Options
            Every second I get to spend with FI.
        Thinking-hoping that this place is big enough and that we can move shortly after the new year. We go see it on Tuesday. 
       My best friend and I drifted away in the past year or so, we have become close again. Makes me happy knowing we will always be friends. 25 years and counting.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    A huge apothecary jar filled with personalized m&ms in green red and silver

afrench tip manicure
  • Options
    My boss came by a little bit ago, he's trying to come up with a new name for a big software product we're creating. He put down a piece of paper infront of the guy who sits next to me and asked his opinion. The guy busts out laughing, and asks my boss if he can say this outloud.

The product name?

Lumedix

When he said it out loud he pronounced it as Luma-dicks.

My entire department was laughing so hard half of us were in tears, and my boss is now locked away in his office mortified and pouting.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-happy-right-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9eb26d4c-cad0-4f02-87be-a57a6f2e848ePost:e2dc2492-7264-4793-b878-168dc0137b1a">Re: Things that make you happy RIGHT NOW</a>:
    [QUOTE]My boss came by a little bit ago, he's trying to come up with a new name for a big software product we're creating. He put down a piece of paper infront of the guy who sits next to me and asked his opinion. The guy busts out laughing, and asks my boss if he can say this outloud. The product name? Lumedix When he said it out loud he pronounced it as Luma-dicks. My entire department was laughing so hard half of us were in tears, and my boss is now locked away in his office mortified and pouting.
    Posted by lpstl[/QUOTE]

<strong>thats funny ... so lol. </strong>
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My kitties, my sweetheart and my brother and his girlfriend who are over (currently playing Mario Wii). 
  • Options
  • Options
    Bread, olive oil and garlic salt. 

My first Christmas present under the tree!

My puffy coat. 
  • Options
    I'm happy that I did my workout tonight (I was really not in the mood) and that FI made me really awesome chicken stir fry to eat afterwards.  And I have Reese's peanut butter ice cream in the freezer waiting for me :)
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    My electric blanket, turned up to high.

A mashed potato casserole in the oven.

Christmas presents mailed off.

New books to read.

Snow on the ground.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Super Mario for Wii... 
    Kiki's sig pic, it makes me laugh almost every time I see it. I hate to admit it, but I actually saved it onto my computer so I can have a giggle. 
    My ugly but comfy couch. 
    image Married and Junk.
  • Options
    Potato wedges in olive oil, italian seasoning and parmesan.

Wine.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    Man, Night, that sounds amazing right now.
  • Options
    We got our first registry gifts today!

They're for Christmas, but still.  We got one place setting, our sugar bowl, 12 wine glasses, FI's stupid decanter and a wine stopper from FILs and FBIL/FSIL.  Whee!
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Someone bought us sheets and dish towels today!  I was excited.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    You girls are ruining all your surprises! ;P
  • Options
    (part of the reason why I'm glad we didn't do a registry- I would have known exactly what everyone was getting for us. I lack self-control when it comes to presents!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards